Mercy Flight Western New York have this week opened a new facility in Springville, behind the Bertrand Chaffee Hospital. The ribbon cutting and blessing ceremony was completed on Monday afternoon. The 3,600-square-foot hangar and Mercy EMS base is expected to improve response times by allowing the nonprofit organization to position its aircraft and crews closer to rural communities.
Mercy Flight WNY currently fly four BK117s and one Bell 429, with the stated aim of having at least three of the five in service at any one time. The $6.5 million purchase of the 429 in 2011 was made possible with the support of our community and special, long-term financing from the US Dept of Agriculture – Rural Development and M&T Bank.
Mercy Flight is an independent, not-for-profit provider of emergency air medical transport, and also have a Learjet 31 for longer distance missions. They also have access to Erie County Sheriff aircraft thanks to a long-term relationship which allows Mercy Flight to provide medical personnel and equipment should the need arise and be airborne in the Sheriff helicopter.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- Jamaica Defence Force picks CNC for airborne mission suites on 429 fleet
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- S.A.F.E. Delivers Custom Bell 429 Stands to Southern California Edison
- Tennessee Valley Authority orders two Bell 429s and two 407GXi
- Bell Announces New Technological Enhancements
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance becomes fourth UK EMS operator with Air Operator Certificate
- Life Flight Network Signs Purchase Agreement for B429 and B407GXi
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Swedish Police add two more Bell 429s
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- Honeywell Brings Connectivity to New Heights at Heli-Expo 2019
- Bell and EDIC Horizon celebrate two more 429 deliveries
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance rent Explorer to cover for grounded Bell 429
- NZ Police contract with new operator and will switch to Bell 429
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance grounded by Heli Charter liquidation
- Bell to showcase at MEBAA 2018
- Bell 429 – TB_429-18-58 – Bellcrank Assemblies