Mercy Flight Western New York have this week opened a new facility in Springville, behind the Bertrand Chaffee Hospital. The ribbon cutting and blessing ceremony was completed on Monday afternoon. The 3,600-square-foot hangar and Mercy EMS base is expected to improve response times by allowing the nonprofit organization to position its aircraft and crews closer to rural communities.
Mercy Flight WNY currently fly four BK117s and one Bell 429, with the stated aim of having at least three of the five in service at any one time. The $6.5 million purchase of the 429 in 2011 was made possible with the support of our community and special, long-term financing from the US Dept of Agriculture – Rural Development and M&T Bank.
Mercy Flight is an independent, not-for-profit provider of emergency air medical transport, and also have a Learjet 31 for longer distance missions. They also have access to Erie County Sheriff aircraft thanks to a long-term relationship which allows Mercy Flight to provide medical personnel and equipment should the need arise and be airborne in the Sheriff helicopter.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- Honeywell Brings Connectivity to New Heights at Heli-Expo 2019
- Bell and EDIC Horizon celebrate two more 429 deliveries
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance rent Explorer to cover for grounded Bell 429
- NZ Police contract with new operator and will switch to Bell 429
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance grounded by Heli Charter liquidation
- Bell to showcase at MEBAA 2018
- Bell 429 – TB_429-18-58 – Bellcrank Assemblies
- Bell showcases at Japan International Aerospace Exhibition 2018
- Bell 429 – FAA AD 2018-21-15 – Rod End
- Bell 429 – FAA AD 2018-16-51 – Tail rotor gearbox
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- Bell Delivers Three B429s
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- Bell to feature Nassau County Police 429 at APSCON
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery
- Bell annonces sale of 2 B429s to EDIC Horizon
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s