Mercy Flight Western New York have this week opened a new facility in Springville, behind the Bertrand Chaffee Hospital. The ribbon cutting and blessing ceremony was completed on Monday afternoon. The 3,600-square-foot hangar and Mercy EMS base is expected to improve response times by allowing the nonprofit organization to position its aircraft and crews closer to rural communities.
Mercy Flight WNY currently fly four BK117s and one Bell 429, with the stated aim of having at least three of the five in service at any one time. The $6.5 million purchase of the 429 in 2011 was made possible with the support of our community and special, long-term financing from the US Dept of Agriculture – Rural Development and M&T Bank.
Mercy Flight is an independent, not-for-profit provider of emergency air medical transport, and also have a Learjet 31 for longer distance missions. They also have access to Erie County Sheriff aircraft thanks to a long-term relationship which allows Mercy Flight to provide medical personnel and equipment should the need arise and be airborne in the Sheriff helicopter.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Tennessee Valley Authority picks GPMS Foresight HUMS
- Oceania Aviation receives STC approval for Bell 429 Bike Rack
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- Bell Certifies New Helicopter Flight Data Monitoring Device
- Foreign Military Sale of B412EPi and B429 to Guyana
- Bell Announces Collaboration with Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH (ESG)
- Bell Presents the Turkish Director General of Forestry with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Bell Presents the Turkish National Police with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Bell bundles SiriusXM Aviation Weather & Audio with new helicopters
- Bell Delivers the First TV News Helicopter to China
- Triumph To Provide Mechanical Flight Controls For Multiple Bell Platforms
- AeroBrigham awarded Jamaica Defence Force Bell 429 integration contract
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- Jamaica Defence Force picks CNC for airborne mission suites on 429 fleet
- 05-Mar-20 RP-3086 Bell 429 San Pedro, Philippines
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- S.A.F.E. Delivers Custom Bell 429 Stands to Southern California Edison
- Tennessee Valley Authority orders two Bell 429s and two 407GXi