The Argentine military reported late last week that the Secretary of Logistics, Emergencies and Cultural Management, Walter Ceballos, had announced the purchase of twenty AB206 JetRangers while visiting Italy last week. The purchase includes ten GAU-17 machine guns and five stretcher units.
During September and October of this year, nineteen of the twenty helicopters will arrive in country, while the last unit remains in Italy until all the necessary training (including “training the trainers”) has been completed.
Ceballos also visited the Leonardo factory, and said he is interested in replacing Argentine Lama helicopters with AW169s and is also looking at potential purchase of C-27J Spartan fixed wing from the manufacturer.
This deal has been a LONG time in the making. Back in December 2011, HeliHub.com reported that negotiations were under way for these ex-Carabinieri machines, which had been taken out of service and replaced by AW109N Nexus helicopters. No mention was made in the announcement about the possible payment for these helicopters. Previous reports had suggested that the helicopters would be acquired as a swap for three G222 transport aircraft which the south American country has already retired from use.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- 28-Aug-20 5N-BQW Bell 206B Opebi, Nigeria (3F)
- 22-Aug-20 N41SJ Bell 206 Clifton, US-New Jersey
- Van Horn Aviation receives STC/PMA on 206B V2 main blades
- 08-Aug-20 N284S Bell 206 Marathon, US-Texas (3F)
- 07-Aug-20 N55SL Bell 206L4 Windham, US-New Hampshire
- 06-Aug-20 N137HS Bell 206B Paris, US-Illinois
- Helimarte moves away from Bell to concentrate on Airbus
- 28-Jan-20 AF-302 Bell 206 Bulo, Uganda (2F)
- Jotov & Son Bulgaria purchased an Entrol H01 FNPT II simulator
- 17-Oct-19 N167AG Bell 206B Marshville, US-North Carolina (1F)
- 16-Apr-19 N61PH Bell 206B Fountain Hills, US-Arizona (2F)
- 18-Mar-19 ZT-ROB Bell 206L3 Beira, Mozambique
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- 11-Feb-19 PT-HPG Bell 206B Jabaquara, Brazil (2F)
- 04-Feb-19 VH-NXW Bell 206 Marcoola, Australia
- Precision Flight Controls and Ryan Aerospace develops B206 simulator
- Dakota Air Parts Displays New Composite Tail Rotor Blade at Heli-Expo
- Precision Flight Controls releases simulator for B206 and B407GXP
- Able selected by Tucson PD for CR&O Contract
- 07-Nov-17 N93PH Bell 206B Rolling Fork, US-Mississippi