The majority of remote Helicopter Landing Sites within the Yeovilton operating area belong to private landowners and are offered for use on a good will basis.
These sites are vital to the training carried out by the Commando Helicopter Force and other aviation units to deliver operational capability.
In order to maintain and reinforce this essential link with the local community a ‘Landowners’ Day’ took place at Merryfield Airfield, Ilton near Ilminster, Wednesday 25th May 2016.
The aim of the day was to demonstrate to landowners how their continued support is a critical enabler to the operational effectiveness of the Command Helicopter Force and to allow Commando Helicopter Force personnel to meet directly with the Landowners to thank them for their continued essential support for aviation training.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics