Vector Aerospace has announced that it has received FAA supplemental type certificate approval for a new ADS-B solution which is applicable for installation on the Airbus Helicopters AS332, Leonardo-Finmeccanica AW139 and Sikorsky S-76 series of helicopters.
The new ADB-S In/Out retrofit upgrade (FAA STC # SR02473AK) features an intuitive, panel-mounted touchscreen transponder which replaces the aircraft’s existing transponder. Should console or cockpit space be a challenge, Vector also offers a remotely mounted transceiver with a compact cockpit control head.
With 1090 MHz and extended squitter, the L-3 Lynx Multilink Surveillance System (MSS) units provide ADS-B traffic and weather data, as well as airport database, NOTAMS and TFRS. Other capabilities include a MFD/PFD interface and optional Wi-Fi for personal electronic device interface.
“We are thrilled to add this new STC capability to our long list of FAA, TCCA and EASA certified STCs for Airbus Helicopters, Bell, Leonardo-Finmeccanica and Sikorsky aircraft,” said Elvis Moniz, VP, Business Development – Airframe & Avionics Solutions. “Our experience with this type of retrofit solution dates back to the FAA Alaska Capstone program, which saw Vector work directly with the FAA to successfully perform 450 capstone installations – including ADS-B – on a variety of fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft during 2002 – 2005.”
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- Weststar AW139 and AW169 orders
- Coptersafety appoints a new full-time flight instructor
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- Toll Helicopters and Seeing Machines have joined forces
- CHC Australia completes roll out of Leonardo AW139
- DART launches its new AW139 Skylight Window
- LCI Grows Australia-Based helicopter fleet
- Gulf Helicopters has selected SKYTRAC to Equip Fleet
- Babcock swaps aircraft between UK and Australia
- Babcock wins five year Australia contract with two AW139s
- Heli-Union wins long-term Perenco AW139 contract in Gabon
- Babcock exits southern North Sea operations
- 02-Feb-19 5N-CML Leonardo AW139 Kabba, Nigeria
- 29-Dec-18 Leonardo AW139 Jebel Jais, UAE (4F)
- LA Fire Department adds 5th AW139 helicopter
- Italian National Fire Corps to enhance its emergency multirole airborne capabilities
- India approves Donaldson IBFs in AW139 and H130