Vector Aerospace has announced that it has received FAA supplemental type certificate approval for a new ADS-B solution which is applicable for installation on the Airbus Helicopters AS332, Leonardo-Finmeccanica AW139 and Sikorsky S-76 series of helicopters.
The new ADB-S In/Out retrofit upgrade (FAA STC # SR02473AK) features an intuitive, panel-mounted touchscreen transponder which replaces the aircraft’s existing transponder. Should console or cockpit space be a challenge, Vector also offers a remotely mounted transceiver with a compact cockpit control head.
With 1090 MHz and extended squitter, the L-3 Lynx Multilink Surveillance System (MSS) units provide ADS-B traffic and weather data, as well as airport database, NOTAMS and TFRS. Other capabilities include a MFD/PFD interface and optional Wi-Fi for personal electronic device interface.
“We are thrilled to add this new STC capability to our long list of FAA, TCCA and EASA certified STCs for Airbus Helicopters, Bell, Leonardo-Finmeccanica and Sikorsky aircraft,” said Elvis Moniz, VP, Business Development – Airframe & Avionics Solutions. “Our experience with this type of retrofit solution dates back to the FAA Alaska Capstone program, which saw Vector work directly with the FAA to successfully perform 450 capstone installations – including ADS-B – on a variety of fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft during 2002 – 2005.”
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- ASESA strengthens helicopter fleet in Mexico
- Nepalese Army Agusta AW139 makes maiden flight form Kathmandu
- China approves Coptersafety simulators
- Leonardo sells 15 AW139s into China, with 160 to follow
- Victoria Police to replace Dauphins with AW139s
- LCI completes AW139 transition with Elitaliana
- Nepalese Army takes delivery of AW139
- HeliOffshore held the 2nd in a series of Human Hazard Analysis workshops
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Bristow Caribbean marks 30,000 hour milestone in AW139 fleet
- CHC implements real-time HUMS
- ACE Training Centre adds new AW139 and B412 approvals
- US Air Force selects the MH-139 based on Leonardo AW139
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Aramco signs AW139 fleet renewal deal
- EASA approves United Rotorcraft EMS interior STC for AW139 and AW169
- TAL Reveals New AW139s
- ASU Obtains EASA NVIS STC on AW139
- Nepal Army procures one AW139 and two H125s