Within the scope of the “TUHP-Turkish Utility Helicopter Program”, agreements were signed between the Undersecretariat for Defence Industries (SSM), Turkish Aerospace Industries Inc. (TAI) as prime contractor, Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. as major subcontractor and three key Turkish aerospace contractors (Aselsan, TEI and Alp Aviation). With these agreements, the program has come into effect and the last steps were taken to start the project schedule.
Under the program, TUHP prime contractor Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) and TUHP subcontractors Sikorsky, Aselsan, TEI and Alp Aviation will manufacture and deliver 109 T70 (the “T”urkish S-70) helicopters over the next 10 years to Turkish Land Forces, Turkish Air Force, General Command of Gendarme, Special Forces, Turkish National Police, and the General Directorate of Forestry.
TAI will be responsible for manufacturing, final assembly operations, tests and integrated logistics support of all airframe structures and composite rotor blades. In addition to TAI’s work scope, Turkish Engine Industries (TEI) will build engines under a license from General Electric (GE); Aselsan will develop and integrate basic avionics and will co-develop with Sikorsky an enhanced digital cockpit known as the Integrated Modular Avionics System (IMAS); and Alp Aviation will carry out production and assembly of landing gears, gearbox and dynamic components.
Turkey’s Defence Industry Executive Committee has reported a total program value of $3.5 billion, inclusive of the work to be performed by TAI, Sikorsky and other TUHP partners. With this program Turkey’s utility helicopter requirements will be met, and Turkish industry will play a significant role in fulfilling domestic needs in military and civil areas.
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- CPI Aero Secures Additional Orders From Sikorsky
- Rockwell Collins Awarded $49M Contract for UH-60 Display Unit Overhaul
- AAI Corp. Awarded $20M Contract for JSECST for CV-22, UH-47 and UH-60
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Coulson and Unical Join Forces to form Coulson Unical
- US Army selects GE’s T901 engine
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Polish Police recieve two S70i Black Hawks
- Fort McCoy celebrates 40 years of the Black Hawk
- CPI Aero wins UH-60 Hover Infrared Suppression System order
- Sikorsky Awarded $29M Contract for UH-60 Support
- Sikorsky Awarded $61M Contract for UH-60 Repairs
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- US State Department to possibly sell UH-60 Black Hawks to Latvia
- Meggitt awarded five year fuel cell contract
- First Afghan UH-60 pilots graduate
- Honeywell Certified To Bring Wi-Fi To Helicopters
- Parker Hannifin awarded $96M contract for UH-60 Upgrades
- V-280 Valor undergoing ground trials at Amarillo