A Chinese consortium made up of China Aviation Supplies Holding Company (CAS), Qingdao United General Aviation Industrial Development Company (Qingdao United) and CITIC Offshore Helicopter Co. Ltd (COHC) has ordered 100 H135 light-twin helicopters, becoming China’s first customer to form an industrial partnership to launch a H135 final assembly line in Qingdao, Shandong province. This fulfils the commitment of purchasing 100 H135s signed in the Letter of Intent last year.
The contract signing ceremony was held at the Great Hall of People, in the presence of Chinese Premier Li Keqiang and the visiting German Chancellor Angela Merkel, marking a significant milestone in the scene of local general aviation industry with this €700 million sales contract and the industrial partnership of a final assembly line (FAL) in Qingdao. The assembly line is expected to start operations by 2018, to assemble 100 H135s over the following 10 years.
“We are extremely pleased with the progress of this partnership between Airbus Helicopters and our Chinese partners. With the further opening up of the Chinese skies and the increasing growth in the civil and parapublic segments, China is gearing up to be the biggest market for helicopters in years to come,” said Norbert Ducrot, Head of Airbus Helicopters China and North Asia region. “With their inherent versatility and reliability, these 100 H135s will be best suited to meet the soaring demand in China”.
CAS is specialized in package purchase of aircraft business, aviation leasing business, distribution and pooling of aircraft material business, general aviation business. It is State-owned enterprise managed by the State-owned Asset Supervision and Administrative Commission of the State Council.
Qingdao United is a Chinese State-owned company, jointly created in May 2016 by and between Qingdao Huatong State-owned Capital Operation (Group) Co., Ltd., Qingdao Tourism Group Co.,Ltd, and Sino-German United Group Co., Ltd., and is a professional platform for creating public general aviation ecosystem, and forming industrial cluster in Qingdao.
- Airbus launches retrofit solution for EC135 Electrical Master Boxes
- Metro first to STC H135 T3H Air Medical Interior
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- 24-Feb-19 9H-VIP Airbus EC135 Valetta, Malta
- Hungary buys nine pre-owned Airbus EC135s
- 13-Feb-19 D-HJMD Airbus EC135P2 Neustadt an der Orla, Germany
- SPAES procures nine medical racks for EC135 installation
- Airbus EC135 – FAA AD 2013-21-05R1 – Bearings
- Lider receives two new H135s
- Installation of SLANT-console in Airbus EC135
- Red Arrows Support Handover of First ACH135 for charter ops
- ACH Displays New ACH135 Helionix
- Babcock renews Great Western Air Ambulance contract for 5 years
- Babcock to upgrade five EC135s for WPD
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- German Federal Police procures mission systems from ESG
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- ALT wins German military contract with five EC135s
- NHSL adds EC135 and AW139 in Trinidad and Tobago