The global fleet of Sikorsky S-92® helicopters recently surpassed one million flight hours, in an impressively short time of less than 12 years. Sikorsky is a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT).
“We are incredibly thankful to our customers, suppliers and employees for reaching this milestone, and we are tremendously proud of the S-92 helicopter’s industry-leading safety record,” said Sikorsky President Dan Schultz. “Sikorsky is committed to providing world-class customer support and technological advancements to our customers who select the S-92 helicopter for their most demanding missions in some of the world’s toughest conditions.”
With more than one million fleet flight hours of service, and an accident rate less than 1/10th the U.S. Civil Multi-Turbine engine helicopter rate, Sikorsky believes the S-92 helicopter sets the industry standard for safety and reliability. The S-92 was certified to FAA/EASA harmonized Part 29 requirements, as amended through Amendment 47. It led the way by being the first aircraft certified to this rigorous standard and by meeting or exceeding oil and gas industry requirements. The availability rate of the S-92 fleet averages more than 95% each month.
In this milestone year, the American Helicopter Society International honored the S-92 helicopter program with the Harry T. Jensen Award for its outstanding safety record. In 2002, the S-92 helicopter was honored with the prestigious Collier Trophy.
Since 2004, Sikorsky has delivered more than 275 S-92 helicopters, predominantly to operators serving the worldwide offshore oil and gas industry, and for civil search and rescue. Eleven nations fly the dual-engine S-92 helicopter for their head of state missions. In May 2014, Sikorsky was selected to build the next U.S. Presidential Helicopter Fleet, the world’s most advanced executive transport helicopter, using the S-92 platform.
- Babcock swaps aircraft between UK and Australia
- 18-Feb-10 Sikorsky H-92 Kauai, US-Hawaii
- HeliTSA starts S92 maintenance training in Australia, secures own Part 147 approval
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Sikorsky relocates and expands parts stock in Brazil
- Milestone grows S92 fleet to 95 Helicopters
- Canada Certifies Increased Gross Weight for S-92
- Thai Aviation Services begins S-92 helicopter training
- Bristow UK Secures Contract to Support TAQA’s UK Operations
- Sikorsky Advances iFly Sikorsky™
- Sikorsky delivers 300th S92
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- Sonar problem stops Canadian S92 deck landings
- Science Channel to feature S92 in new Mega Machines series
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Sikorsky complete first year of S92 spares centre in Norway
- Thai Aviation Services picks Skytrac for S76D and S92 fleet
- EASA approves Outerlink Flight Data Monitoring system for S92
- JSSI Enrolls Sikorsky S92 onto Tip-to-Tail Program