Two helicopters from Helinet Aviation Services will participate in the American Heroes Air Show on Saturday, June 18, at Hansen Dam in the San Fernando Valley. The show is the nation’s premier, helicopter-only, admission-free aviation event designed to demonstrate to the public, media and community officials the vital and diverse roles of rotary aviation.
American Heroes highlights the impact of helicopters in law enforcement, public safety, communications, search and rescue, homeland security and national defense. Helinet Aviation has a rich history of involvement with law enforcement, public safety and emergency medical transportation.
“The public safety and law enforcement officials in our community provide an essential service, and we’re happy to support them in that important work,” said Garret Dalton, Chief Pilot at Helinet Aviation. “They are truly American Heroes, and the Los Angeles community is invited to come out to see what they do on a daily basis.”
Helinet will have two helicopters on display at the event, along with their crews:
- A Sikorsky S76 helicopter used for the medical transport of patients and organs to and from Children’s Hospital Los Angeles will be on display fully stocked with transport equipment. CHLA Pilot Bryan Andrus, along with a Registered Nurse and a Respiratory Therapist will be on hand to field questions and provide further insight to air show attendees. Helinet Aviation has a strong relationship with CHLA and has donated two Sikorsky S76 Helicopters like this one to the hospital. For nearly twenty years, Helinet has staffed these helicopters with pilots 24/7, as well as covered the maintenance and all operational costs completely free of charge. Last year alone, Helinet transported 437 critically ill children through this partnership with CHLA.
- An Airbus AS350 ENG helicopter used by KTTV (Fox) and KCBS/KCAL, will also be on display and staffed by Pilot Zeus Lehel, Fox reporter Rick Dickert, and KCBS reporterStu Mundel. Helinet facilitates public safety through the operation of ENG (electronic news gathering) helicopters like this one for broadcast media. These types of aircraft are used to keep the public informed and safe by updating the community about wild fires, earthquakes, weather phenomena, freeway closures, pursuits, protests and all kinds of criminal activity.
- FAA downgrades Malaysia safety rating
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- Metro Aviation appoints HR Director
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- FindHeli launches helicopter booking app
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance becomes fourth UK EMS operator with Air Operator Certificate
- US Army to buy 31 simulators from Ryan Aerospace
- GE partners with Hybrid Project for high-endurance VTOL UAV
- Lockheed Martin appoints leader of Future Vertical Lift campaign
- FAA issues new diabetic protocol for pilots
- Milestone CEO promoted to top GECAS role
- Kaman to Deliver K-MAX® to Helicopter Express In 2019
- Inmarsat launches broadband solution for helicopters
- Shetland Coastguard team win UK award
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Golden Hour Award
- Safran Ardiden 1U engine obtains EASA certification
- Air Methods Celebrates the Accomplishments of Tulsa LifeFlight
- Alberta puts stop to firefighters rappelling from helicopters
- Port of Mangalore adds helipad for cruise ship services
- 10-Nov-19 N827MW Sikorsky S58 Lebanon, US-Indiana