Universal Avionics is providing advanced avionics for two Sikorsky S-76B helicopters operated by His Majesty the Sultan of Johor’s Royal Flight. The upgraded, modern glass cockpit includes the installation of three EFI-890H Advanced Flight Displays (PFD-MFD-PFD) with Vision-1® Synthetic Vision System (SVS) and a UNS-1Fw Satellite-Based Augmentation System (SBAS)-Flight Management System (FMS). The Universal Avionics upgrade features the latest in avionics technologies – technologies which are often not available on new aircraft.
Design, certification and installation will take place at Universal Avionics Authorized Dealer, Heli-One Canada, in Delta, British Columbia. Induction is expected in July 2016.
“This will be a stunning transformation of these helicopters for His Royal Highness,” said Norm Matheis, Universal Avionics Regional Sales Manager for Canada. “This package really is the perfect fit to future-proof VVIP and special missions S-76s.”
Universal Avionics’ well-proven, reliable EFI-890H solution is a customized, cost-effective technology upgrade for the S-76B. The upgrade provides the ability to see the projected flight path when coupled with the display of aircraft traffic, a powerful safety improvement. This allows the operator to see where the other traffic is in relation to the track they intend to take, and to judge diverging or converging tracks well in advance. Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System (EGPWS) terrain will also be displayed, providing terrain mapping when operating low level in an airport or off-airport environment. When operating in marginal Visual Meteorological Conditions (VMC), this is a tremendous enhancement in safety.
- DAC International launch ADS-B Out solution for Sikorsky S76
- Wheels Up partners with HeliFlite
- 18-Mar-19 C9-HEI Sikorsky S76A Beira, Mozambique
- Heli-One Completes Universal Avionics Flight Deck Upgrade For S-76
- Costa do Sol Taxi Aero selects SKYTRAC Real-Time Flight Data Monitoring
- Universal Avionics ground testing completed on Heli-One S76B
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- JSSI expands S76 coverage
- Crestwood selected as Sikorsky Supplier of the Year
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- 25-May-17 VT-CMM Sikorsky S76C++ Nilanga, India
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé
- Sikorsky plans Customer Support Centre in Thailand
- Sikorsky Recognizes Helijet for 30 Years of Safe S-76 Flight Operations
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector
- Canadian Helicopters renews Nova Scotia EMS contract
- Governor Cuomo Helicopter Request Denied
- Helijet extends flights between Nanaimo and Vancouver
- Sikorsky Helicopter Maintenance Trainer Advances Engineering Program