Drallim is pleased to announce that Bell Helicopters, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, has selected the HAWK 8000lb Cargo Hook System for its Bell 525 Relentless
The HAWK 8000lb keeperless hook is one of a new range of cargo hook products arising from the company’s three year modernisation programme. The hook has been based on a core design which has a far higher maximum operating load capacity of 10000lb and designed with a safety factor of 4.3. This effectively increases the safety margin afforded to the HAWK 8000lb, significantly adding to operator confidence and ease of use.
“We have been supplying helicopter cargo hooks to the rotary wing industry since 1959,” said Phil Wilson, Aerospace Divisional Manager for Drallim Industries. “Our legacy products have a long and successful track record of safety and reliability. The market is changing though and new regulations and a greater demand for innovative features had led the company to take on a more integrated systems approach. Bell’s Helicopter’s 525 Relentless is chock-full of technology so we feel especially privileged to have one of our leading-edge cargo hook systems installed on such an innovative and prestigious platform”.
The HAWK cargo hooks fully meet FAR 29.865 relating to human and non-human external cargo loads, offering lifting excellence across the range of light, medium and heavy-lift helicopter platforms. Commercially-Developed/Military Qualified and supplied with many intrinsic features as well as optional adaptor mounts, weight indication and Electrical Cable Harnessing, the HAWK cargo hook offers helicopter OEMs a total systems approach to all factory fitted installations.
- Kopter Group and Korea Aerospace Industries enter into cooperation
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- ForeFlight Announces Launch of Dispatch
- DRF to upgrade Airbus H145 fleet to five-blade rotorhead
- DART Aerospace acquires key product lines and brand trademark
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2020
- Flight testing begins for the first H225Ms for Kuwait
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™