Russian Helicopters, part of State Corporation Rostec, will cooperate with the Chinese state company Avicopter to develop the AHL (Advanced Heavy Lift) heavy helicopter. A corresponding intergovernmental agreement was signed by the Russian and Chinese parties in Beijing in the presence of Russian President Vladimir Putin.
“China is our oldest strategic military and technical partner, and we are happy that our cooperation has extended to the civil sector. Joint development of the civilian advanced heavy helicopter by our company and Avicopter will not only contribute to the further development of cooperation with the Chinese party in high-tech sectors, but also to the strengthening of friendly ties between Russia and China in general,” said Russian Helicopters CEO Alexander Mikheev. Russian Helicopters has unique competence to create heavy helicopters and is ready to assist our Chinese partners to implement this project.”
According to the document, the Russian and Chinese parties will jointly develop the advanced heavy helicopter for its subsequent serial production in China, aiming to meet the demand at the Chinese market. Russian Helicopters will contribute its technologies to the project and will also provide technical parameters as well as develop individual AHL systems on the contractual base.
The Chinese side will be responsible for the organization and implementation of the AHL program in general, including engineering design, creation of prototypes, performance of tests, certification, preparation and serial production, as well as market promotion and general coordination of activities.
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform