Russian Helicopters, part of State Corporation Rostec, will cooperate with the Chinese state company Avicopter to develop the AHL (Advanced Heavy Lift) heavy helicopter. A corresponding intergovernmental agreement was signed by the Russian and Chinese parties in Beijing in the presence of Russian President Vladimir Putin.
“China is our oldest strategic military and technical partner, and we are happy that our cooperation has extended to the civil sector. Joint development of the civilian advanced heavy helicopter by our company and Avicopter will not only contribute to the further development of cooperation with the Chinese party in high-tech sectors, but also to the strengthening of friendly ties between Russia and China in general,” said Russian Helicopters CEO Alexander Mikheev. Russian Helicopters has unique competence to create heavy helicopters and is ready to assist our Chinese partners to implement this project.”
According to the document, the Russian and Chinese parties will jointly develop the advanced heavy helicopter for its subsequent serial production in China, aiming to meet the demand at the Chinese market. Russian Helicopters will contribute its technologies to the project and will also provide technical parameters as well as develop individual AHL systems on the contractual base.
The Chinese side will be responsible for the organization and implementation of the AHL program in general, including engineering design, creation of prototypes, performance of tests, certification, preparation and serial production, as well as market promotion and general coordination of activities.
- AEM Plans for Continued Growth with New Facility
- Winners of 37th Annual VFS Student Design Competition announced
- Jolly Green II begins aerial refueling tests
- Great North Air Ambulance adds AS365N3+ Dauphin
- Western Australia police orders first five-bladed H145
- Wysong enterprises completes Eagle 407HP for Helicopter Express
- Bell Takes Manufacturing to New Heights
- Netherlands’ Chinook purchase strengthens US-Coalition capabilities
- Children’s Air Ambulance offers pioneering medical treatment
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2020
- Leonardo are test flying AW169 with skids
- FAA to Host Virtual International Rotorcraft Safety Conference
- 13-Aug-20 SP-SVW Robinson R44 Sady, Poland
- 13-Aug-20 OK-??? Robinson R44 Zamberk, Czech Republic
- QinetiQ contract with Castle Air to operate new Airbus H145
- Bell opens facility in Wichita, Kansas
- First flight for Russia’s Ka-52M
- DRF Luftrettung retains Christoph 80 contract from April 2021
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000