Erickson has been selected to provide helicopter transportation services for the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) in Alaska. Under the firm, fixed-price purchase order, Erickson’s Bell 212 helicopters will transport USCG Research and Development Center (RDC) staff and equipment to various locations in the Nome, Alaska area through the end of August. The contract work began on June 13, 2016.
“We are proud to support the exceptional work of the United States Coast Guard in Alaska,” said Rob Lewis, Vice President of Commercial Aviation Services at Erickson.
In Alaska, Erickson’s operations have multiple locations throughout the state, supporting various industry needs. For near-shore oil and gas customers, the company provides transport of passengers and cargo in the Cook Inlet and North Slope. It has also provided an aerial school bus for rural students. From a base in Nome, Erickson transports residents to the island of Little Diomede, the Western-most point of the United States. The company has additionally worked on utility and infrastructure construction outside of Anchorage.
Most recently, Erickson announced its selection for helicopter support to the Alaska Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Forest Inventory Analysis project. Erickson has served the Alaska market for more than 50 years.
- Alpine Aerotech Develops Digital Flight Instrument Solution
- RoadRunner EFI on display at HAI Heli-Expo
- Bell appoints Abu Dhabi Aviation as CSF for 212s and 412s
- Eagle Copters Selects Caution Panel for B212 NVG Upgrade
- Trakka Systems announces EASA certification for B212 and B412
- SENER and Babcock complete fourth Spanish Navy AB212 upgrade
- Toll Helicopters Donates Engine to Aviation High School
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ EFI Flown on B212 Helicopter with Colombian National Police
- Routine Review of SKYTRAC
- FlightSafety expands initial NVG training to B212/B412 and Airbus H135
- Long Standing Bell Customer Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- Bell Strengthens Customer Support Capabilities in Europe
- FlightSafety to offer NVG training on simulators
- EASA approves VIH Aerospace MCP01 Master Caution Panel
- Abu Dhabi Aviation reaches 1,000,000 hours on Bell fleet
- SENER delivers second upgraded AB212 to Spanish military
- Canada approves Onboard Systems Non-Rotating Cargo Hooks for Bell 204, 205, 212, 412
- Bell approves VIH Aerospace Bell-Medium Tailboom Fixture
- Able Doubles Hydraulics Facility and Adds New Servo Capabilities
- Vector to support Eagle Copter PT6T Engines