On June 27, 2016, the Board of Directors (the “Board”) of Bristow Group Inc. (the “Company”) determined that it was in the best interests of the Company and its shareholders to increase the size of the Board from twelve to thirteen directors and has appointed Mr. A. William Higgins to fill the vacant Board position, effective June 27, 2016.
Mr. Higgins, age 57, currently serves as a director on the board of Kaman Corporation, a diversified company which conducts business in the aerospace and industrial distribution markets, where he is chairman of the finance committee and a member of the corporate governance committee. He is the former Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President of CIRCOR International, Inc., a global diversified manufacturing company that designs, manufactures, and supplies valves, related products and services to the aerospace, oil and gas and industrial markets as well as OEMs, processors, manufacturers, the military, and utilities that rely on fluid-control to accomplish their missions. Leslie Controls, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of CIRCOR and an entity for which Mr. Higgins served as a director and Vice President, filed for bankruptcy protection in July 2010 in order to eliminate certain asbestos litigation liabilities. The subsidiary successfully emerged from bankruptcy the following year. Prior to March 2008, he held the offices of President and Chief Operating Officer and Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of CIRCOR. Prior to joining CIRCOR in 2005, Mr. Higgins spent thirteen years in a variety of senior management positions with Honeywell International and AlliedSignal.
HeliHub.com editorial comment – the statement above is verbatim from SEC. We are not clear on why Mr Higgins’ skills in bankruptcy protection have been noted, whether that is something Bristow feel they might need, or whether it is an SEC requirement to provide those details in this sort of statement.
Image from Kaman Corp website
- Quebec acquires pre-owned Airbus H145 for law enforcement
- Arrow Aviation Completes First Single Pilot IFR Bell 407 for HEMS Service
- The Ecuadorian Air Force takes delivery of their first two H145s
- Emesent is pioneering autonomous drone flight
- Bell Joins Canadian Advanced Air Mobility Consortium
- TracPlus and v2track disrupt the global asset tracking and communications market
- Royal Singapore AF lands Chinook on Australian Navy ship for first time
- Vanderbilt LifeFlight named National Program of the Year
- IBAC Honored by Top Flight Safety Award Nomination for New IS-BAO Programme
- PS Engineering digital audio controller now has Black Hawk STC
- Canada launches major initiative in advanced air mobility
- Russian Helicopters launches Mi-8 test operation program in Indonesia
- Obituary – Dennis Kenyon – 3 October 1932 – 28 October 2020
- Global AirParts announces S-76 part out from LCI
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems gains FAA STC for MD500
- Voler Aviation Services add third helicopter type to training fleet
- Cobham’s RT-7000 Granted FAA TSOA
- Sikorsky awarded $550M contract for delivery of 6 CH-53K
- Foreign Military Sale to TECRO of 100 Harpoon Coastal Defense Systems
- MNP makes significant contribution to STARS fleet renewal program