The Croatian Police yesterday took delivery of the second of two AW139 helicopters, after receiving the first in January 2016. The two aircraft will have their primary role as border protection. Croatia has the EU’s second longest land border with non-EU countries, a total of 745 miles, making it only marginally shorter than the 816 mile border between Finland and Russia. This role has enabled Croatia to benefit from an extensive assistance package from the EU to help fund the aircraft.
The AW139 is fitted with a Trakkabeam A800 searchlight to port, an EO/IR turret under the nose and a winch to starboard – the border role extends to its marine borders and thus an SAR role. Both have the new higher 7,000kg gross weight.
Arriving on the Italian test registration I-EASM, this second helicopter will become 9A-HPH in due course. It is serial 31730 from the Leonardo production line in Italy. The Croatian Police also operates three JetRangers, one AB212 and a pair of EC135P2
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
Photos with this report are of the first AW139, and the second is fitted out exactly the same. Photos are © Copyright 2016 Boran Pivcic, who blogs at Achtung, Skyhawk!
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- LCI Helicopters launches $100 Million co-investment vehicle
- RBI Hawker completes industry first with AW139 main rotor blade repair
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- Caverton signs for AW139 simulator from Thales
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Honeywell and Leonardo upgrade AW139 with Synthetic Vision Navigation
- Omni Táxi Aéreo picks Skytrac for Real-Time HUMS and Satellite Push-to-Talk solutions
- Leonardo announces the purchase of an AW139 Level D FF)S by Suzuyo & Co of Japan.
- Milestone Announces Leases of 7 Helicopters with Héli-Union
- Heli-One Approved to Develop AW139 IGB TGB Capability
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Leonardo Philadelphia delivers 300th AW139
- US Air Force gives Leonardo MH-139 a name – the Grey Wolf
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Petroleum Air Services adds 6th AW139
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- NHV gains a UK Air Operator Certificate