Russian Helicopters, part of State Corporation Rostec, delivered two medium military-transport helicopters to the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Serbia. The rotorcraft was manufactured at Kazan Helicopter Plant. The delivery was carried out under a contract signed by Rosoboronexport.
The agreement was signed in September 2015 and was fulfilled on time. In addition to the manufacturing of helicopters, it also provided for retraining pilots of the Serbian air force and technical personnel.
“This is the first contract with the Serbian Ministry of Defense for the supply of new helicopters. Its timely implementation is very important and will contribute to further development of relations between our two countries. When we receive a request from the Serbian side, we will be ready to provide timely after-sales service,” said Russian Helicopters CEO Alexander Mikheev.
In addition, under the terms of the contract Serbian crews of four pilots and two flight engineers were trained at the Kazan Helicopter Plant’s Aviation Training Center (ATC). The retraining included a theoretical course, simulator training, as well as daytime and night flights. In addition to the pilots, three master technicians and four radio-electronic equipment.specialists also completed the course.
Starting this year the ATC is implementing a program of outreach flight training for helicopter crews. This project is unique in that the flights are tailors to each country’s specific terrain and weather conditions, which helps pilots learn the technique of flight operations. Kazan Helicopter Plant specialists will also conduct flight training in Serbia.
- 09-Feb-19 ET2015 Mil Mi-17V-5 Abyei, South Sudan (3F)
- Ukrainian Air Forces Returns Rare Mi-8 into Service
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019
- Ukraine Tests New Helicopter Missile Oskol
- Russian Defence Ministry Looks towards Arctic Mi-38 Variant
- 27-May-17 Mil Mi-8 Maritime Territory, Russia
- UTair selects Skytrac fleet monitoring for 46 Mi-8s
- Russian Helicopters assists Mi-8 overhaul in Cuba
- Russian Helicopters to unveil Mi-8MTV-5 with advanced features
- Russian Helicopters to demonstrate new Arctic Mi-8
- Bird Aerosystems to demo Airborne Missile Protection System at Farnborough
- Russian Helicopters to repair Czech military Mi-8s
- Serial Production of the MI-171A2 Will Begin in 2017
- Hungary decides against buying 30 Russian helicopters
- Hungary interested in 30 helicopters to replace Mi-8 fleet
- Russian Helicopters helps re-equip overhaul base in Egypt
- 15-Sep-15 Mil Mi-8 Ramit, Tajikistan
- Indian MROs not ready for the wave of Russian helicopters
- 14-Jul-15 Mil MI-172 Gohpur, India
- KRET equips helicopters with Mi-8AMTSh-VA strapdown inertial navigation system