On June 29, ARSA submitted comments on the FAA’s proposed revisions to 14 CFR part 11. The purpose of the rulemaking was to improve the clarity and flow of the rules; however, the proposal needed some input from the public to achieve that objective.
For instance, in § 11.27 the agency proposes to enumerate advisory committees from which the agency can receive rulemaking recommendations. This revision is unnecessary. FAA already has statutory authority to form advisory committees, making the proposed additions duplicative. Furthermore, the revision could confuse the public – and perhaps even the agency – regarding the ability to accept rulemaking recommendations from non-enumerated committees.
ARSA also believes agencies should refrain from including website addresses in regulations. If an agency feels compelled to use a web address in a rule, it should only use those that are the least likely to change. Web addresses and similar explanatory information are more appropriate for inclusion in guidance documents.
ARSA maintains that regulations should be clear, concise and free of superfluous text.
To read the association’s comments, click here.
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee