On June 29, ARSA submitted comments on the FAA’s proposed revisions to 14 CFR part 11. The purpose of the rulemaking was to improve the clarity and flow of the rules; however, the proposal needed some input from the public to achieve that objective.
For instance, in § 11.27 the agency proposes to enumerate advisory committees from which the agency can receive rulemaking recommendations. This revision is unnecessary. FAA already has statutory authority to form advisory committees, making the proposed additions duplicative. Furthermore, the revision could confuse the public – and perhaps even the agency – regarding the ability to accept rulemaking recommendations from non-enumerated committees.
ARSA also believes agencies should refrain from including website addresses in regulations. If an agency feels compelled to use a web address in a rule, it should only use those that are the least likely to change. Web addresses and similar explanatory information are more appropriate for inclusion in guidance documents.
ARSA maintains that regulations should be clear, concise and free of superfluous text.
To read the association’s comments, click here.
- Metro Aviation appoints HR Director
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- FindHeli launches helicopter booking app
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance becomes fourth UK EMS operator with Air Operator Certificate
- US Army to buy 31 simulators from Ryan Aerospace
- GE partners with Hybrid Project for high-endurance VTOL UAV
- Lockheed Martin appoints leader of Future Vertical Lift campaign
- FAA issues new diabetic protocol for pilots
- Milestone CEO promoted to top GECAS role
- Kaman to Deliver K-MAX® to Helicopter Express In 2019
- Inmarsat launches broadband solution for helicopters
- Shetland Coastguard team win UK award
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Golden Hour Award
- Safran Ardiden 1U engine obtains EASA certification
- Air Methods Celebrates the Accomplishments of Tulsa LifeFlight
- Alberta puts stop to firefighters rappelling from helicopters
- Port of Mangalore adds helipad for cruise ship services
- 10-Nov-19 N827MW Sikorsky S58 Lebanon, US-Indiana
- Rotorcorp President Appointed to US Trade Policy Advisory Committee
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement