Russian Helicopters has supplied to China a heavy transport helicopter Mi-26TS. The machine is purchased for Shandong province, where works to save and to enlarge forestry are made. The helicopter will be used for fires control, transportation of equipment and oversized cargo.
“Cooperation with Chinese companies has great meaning for the holding, as China is one of our strategic partners with whom we have not only trade relations, but also carry out long-term projects. It is hard to overestimate the work of such a large and reliable machine as the Mi-26TC in those cases, when it deals with emergencies, ” said Deputy General Director of Marketing and Business Development Alexander Shcherbinin.
The contract for the supply of heavy machinery was signed by Russian holding and Chinese company Lectern Aviation Supplies in 2014. A week ago a helicopter, manufactured at the plant “Rostvertol”, carried out the flight from enterprise’s flight test station. It is planned ,that it will proceed on the route Rostov-on-Don – Saratov – Ufa – Chelyabinsk – Omsk – Novosibirsk – Krasnoyarsk – Bratsk – Chita – Hailar. Its arrival is expected in China on the 2nd of July.
This is the fourth similar machine purchased by Chinese entities. Currently, three helicopters Mi-26TC are exploited to China by commercial and state-owned companies. Two helicopters are in the helicopter’s fleet Qingdao Helicopter. One more helicopter is used by China Flying Dragon General Aviation.
Mi-26TC (certified according to China standards of flights) is unique helicopter, where cargo can be carried inside the cabin or on external sling with weight up to 20 tons. There is no such helicopter in the world, that can be compared with the Mi-26T. Helicopter repeatedly proved its effectiveness during the fires in China.
Helicopter Mi-26T and its military version Mi-26 were designed at Moscow Helicopter Plant of M.L.Mill and are in mass production at “Rostvertol”. In 2015 Mi-26T2, an updated version of the helicopter , started to be produced .The helicopter is equipped with modern avionics. It is able to transport up to 20 tons of cargo inside the cargo cabin or on external sling. Reducing the number of crew members from five in the Mi-26T to three in Mi-26T2 has decreased direct operating costs and expenses for training and retraining of flight personnel. Due to its construction, equipment and Mi-26T2 systems it can be exploited at any time of day, in good or bad weather conditions, over the plains, hills and mountains. The helicopter doesn’t require special maintenance of the aerodrome facilities and is capable of sustained autonomous basing. The new development corresponds to recent trends in the global aviation industry and is economically profitable.
- Peru selling its three Mi-26s
- Russian Helicopters working on new Mi-26 upgrade
- Russian Defence Ministry Looks towards Arctic Mi-38 Variant
- Potential Mi26 Purchase for Indonesian Army
- Russian Helicopters to modernize Mi-26T2
- Russian Helicopters launches series production of the new heavy Mi-26T2 helicopter
- Russian Helicopters concludes Mi-171A2 flying laboratory flight tests
- Boeing threatens Chinook/Apache price increase to get India to sign contract
- Mi-26T heavy-lift helicopter celebrates 30 years
- Russia, China To Develop High Altitude Version Of Mi-26 Helicopter
- Mi-26 helps make new geographical discovery
- Russian Helicopters to build Russia’s largest helicopter gearbox and transmission assembly and testing facility
- The deliveries of upgraded Mi-26T2 helicopters will be started in 2015
- 04-Jul-14 RF-31351 Mil Mi-26 Khabarovsk, Russia
- Russian Helicopters to supply Mi-26TS to China
- Algeria orders Mi-26, Mi-28 helicopters
- Russian Helicopters role in XXII Winter Olympic Games in Sochi
- Russian Helicopters at Dubai Airshow 2013
- Mi-26T enters service in Kazakhstan for first time
- UTair refinance four Mi-26 helicopters