BGE and the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) have finalized an agreement to utilize BGE’s Spring Gardens Facility in Baltimore as an alternate landing site for medevac helicopters transporting patients to the R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center / University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC).
A simulated patient transport, including a test helicopter landing and emergency transport of a mannequin by private ambulance to the hospital, wass scheduled for June 30 in the 1 – 3 p.m. timeframe as a press launch. This site has been chosen as an alternate landing zone in the event that the rooftop helipad at UMMC is unavailable, assuming such a landing would not interfere with BGE’s normal or emergency operations.
BGE supports emergency response and public safety organizations throughout BGE’s service area. In addition to this type of cooperative support and training for fire, police, 911 centers and emergency management organizations who routinely work around utility equipment, BGE also provides financial support for non-profit emergency responders. To date, the BGE Emergency Response and Safety Grants have provided nearly $1 million to 129 emergency response organizations, which share BGE’s commitment to the safety of central Maryland residents. These grants have been used to fund equipment, programs or services, such as thermal imaging cameras, rescue boat upgrades, disaster relief, K-9 safety search, rescue tools and heart defibrillators and training programs, among many others, that are critical to the safety of the communities BGE serves. BGE is recognized for its own emergency response record, ranking among the top utilities in the nation for rapid response to gas emergency calls and in working to prevent damages to energy equipment.
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024
- HAI announces candidates for election to Board of Directors
- Air Evac Lifeteam To Open Air Medical Base in Clarinda
- Embry-Riddle helicopter student wins Veterans Memorial scholarship
- Sikorsky awarded $9M contract for H-53 landing gear
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract