Bell have announced that they will Helicopter will showcase the Bell 407GXP at Farnborough Air Show, which opens next Monday in the UK. The aircraft was shown this last weekend at Heli UK Expo, and is pending delivery to Topflight Helicopters – an order announced earlier this year at the HAI Heli Expo in Louisville. It is currently flying on an FAA “N” registration and will no doubt move across to the British G register in the near future.
In addition to the 407GXP, Bell will display the Bell 429 with an example owned by a customer in Poland. Alongside these, will bemockups of the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X, Bell 525 Relentless and Bell V-280 Valor tiltrotor.
Finally, the Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey is scheduled to perform daily flight demonstrations. Such flights are being significantly limited this year following the fatal crash of a warbird jet during a display at Shoreham in August 2015. All UK air displays now have significantly more safety requirements and cost implications, and have resulted in a number of events being closed or displays being curtailed – for example, the very famous British aerobatic team The Red Arrows will not be doing much more than a flypast at Farnborough.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Records 50,000 Global Fleet Flight Hours
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- Bell announces delivery of Bell 505 Jet Ranger X to Alameda County Sheriff’s Office Air Support Unit
- Bell Delivers 505 Jet Ranger X to Southern Utah University
- Bell 505 Receives Type Acceptance in Tanzania
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Montenegro Air Force signs for two Bell 505s
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- Southern Utah University Adds Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- MountainFlyers to become Europe’s biggest Bell 505 operator
- Leon County Sheriff’s Office Selects Becker AMU 6500 Digital Audio Panel
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® is now an Option for the Bell 505
- Bell Lands Leon County Sheriff’s Office as First East Coast Bell 505 Public Safety Operator
- Alameda County Sheriff orders a Bell 505
- Bell Announces New Technological Enhancements