French manufacturer Hèlicoptères Guimbal are believed to be the first helicopter manufacturer to build and market their own ground handling trolley. Previously, manufacturers have often released the crank-up wheels, but left the trolleys to after-market suppliers.
Guimbal has built a four-wheeled trolley with a lithium-battery powered lifting mechanism, with the intention it is pulled by a golf buggy, quad-bike or small tractor. It will lift a G2 helicopter for ground handling, providing a 60mm clearance for the skids and 100mm for the main parts of the trailer. The four-wheeled design ensures stability and a maximum towing speed of 15mph / 25 kph. The 12V 20Ah battery, which is fully enclosed in the frame of the trailer, can be recharged over 6-8 hours by plugging in to a standard power socket. The arms of the trailer also fold in when there is no helicopter being handled, reducing the storage space requirements.
As Guimbal distributor for UK and Ireland, Cotswold Helicopter Centre has an initial batch order for these trolleys already placed with the manufacturer, and expects to make a follow-up order shortly.
About Cotswold Helicopter Centre
Cotswold Helicopter Centre has been established over 10 years, operating at Cotswold Airport – also known as Kemble – and is well placed for Cheltenham, Gloucester, Bristol, Bath, Swindon and Oxford. It is the exclusive UK distributor for the French manufacturer Helicoptères Guimbal, a busy professional flight training school and AOC holder for charter work. A second training base opens at Fairoaks Airport in mid 2016. Our fleet consists of seven Guimbal G2 Cabri helicopters, one Robinson R44, an Airbus AS350B2 Squirrel and an Airbus AS355 Twin Squirrel. We offer Cabri helicopters both for sale and on attractive lease terms for UK flying schools.
For further information, please contact Cotswold Helicopter Centre on +44 1285 770740 or email [email protected]
You can follow Cotswold Helicopter Centre
- on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CotswoldHeli
- on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CotswoldHelicopterCentre/
- on the web at www.FlyCHC.com
- Pulselite installed across Bell Training Academy fleet
- JetNet for Salesforce to be demonstrated at NBAA conference
- Spidertracks announce Blue Hawaiian Helicopters as official launch customer of Spider X
- Blade makes Nino Negri Wine an Official 2020 Partner
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s