French manufacturer Hèlicoptères Guimbal are believed to be the first helicopter manufacturer to build and market their own ground handling trolley. Previously, manufacturers have often released the crank-up wheels, but left the trolleys to after-market suppliers.
Guimbal has built a four-wheeled trolley with a lithium-battery powered lifting mechanism, with the intention it is pulled by a golf buggy, quad-bike or small tractor. It will lift a G2 helicopter for ground handling, providing a 60mm clearance for the skids and 100mm for the main parts of the trailer. The four-wheeled design ensures stability and a maximum towing speed of 15mph / 25 kph. The 12V 20Ah battery, which is fully enclosed in the frame of the trailer, can be recharged over 6-8 hours by plugging in to a standard power socket. The arms of the trailer also fold in when there is no helicopter being handled, reducing the storage space requirements.
As Guimbal distributor for UK and Ireland, Cotswold Helicopter Centre has an initial batch order for these trolleys already placed with the manufacturer, and expects to make a follow-up order shortly.
About Cotswold Helicopter Centre
Cotswold Helicopter Centre has been established over 10 years, operating at Cotswold Airport – also known as Kemble – and is well placed for Cheltenham, Gloucester, Bristol, Bath, Swindon and Oxford. It is the exclusive UK distributor for the French manufacturer Helicoptères Guimbal, a busy professional flight training school and AOC holder for charter work. A second training base opens at Fairoaks Airport in mid 2016. Our fleet consists of seven Guimbal G2 Cabri helicopters, one Robinson R44, an Airbus AS350B2 Squirrel and an Airbus AS355 Twin Squirrel. We offer Cabri helicopters both for sale and on attractive lease terms for UK flying schools.
For further information, please contact Cotswold Helicopter Centre on +44 1285 770740 or email [email protected]
You can follow Cotswold Helicopter Centre
- on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CotswoldHeli
- on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CotswoldHelicopterCentre/
- on the web at www.FlyCHC.com
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards