On July 5th 2016, Southern Vietnam Helicopter Company (VNH South) accepted a new AgustaWestland AW189 (serial 49029) at Vungtau airport after a ferry flight from Malaysia. VNH South has signed a lease contract on this helicopter for six months, along with a further option for another six months.
This is a brand new helicopter which was manufactured in 2015 and fully equipped with offshore equipment, completely similar to the configuration of AW189 owned by VNH South.
The operator has said that this lease is primarily to cover for grounded AS332L2 and EC225 helicopters in their fleet after the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam followed the EASA lead in grounding the types. This was the result of an accident to a CHC EC225 off the Norwegian city of Bergen on 29th April, and the subsequent investigation by the Accident Investigation Bureau of Norway.
- Leonardo and PWNE add AW189 simulator to Service Agreement in Malaysia
- Inverness Coast Guard base swaps S92s for AW189s
- Korea and Malaysia add firefighting AW189s
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- Gulf testing Radio Frequency Identification technology on the AW189
- Gulf Helicopters has selected SkyTrac to Equip AW139 and AW189 fleets
- Multiple GBAS Firsts for Esterline and Leonardo
- Sakhalin Energy Signs AW189 Contract
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- Leonardo AW189 – FAA AD 2018-24-06 – Tailplane lower fitting
- Bristow upgrades St Athan SAR base to AW189
- CHC Australia Names Two New AW189 Helicopters
- Leonardo celebrates helicopter orders at Heli-Expo
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- Bristow moves two AW189s to Aberdeen and updates fixed wing terminal
- CHC launches AW189 operations in Australia
- Leonardo’s Japanese helicopter market grows
- Leonardo introduces the AW189K helicopter at Helitech 2017
- VNH help car launch using both Cabri and AW189