GVH Aerospace and Thommen Aircraft Equipment AG announce the imminent availability of the EASA Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) on the Airbus Helicopter H135 series for the Thommen HSL-1600 high performance helicopter searchlight with integrated infrared capability.
The Thommen HSL-1600 high performance helicopter searchlight is a fully integrated searchlight with self- contained electronics, providing an easy means of installation and significant weight savings compared to traditional helicopter searchlights. The optional infrared illuminator provides excellent long-range IR performance with no speed restrictions on IR transition.
The HSL-1600 searchlight can be integrated with FLIR, moving maps and other mission equipment to provide a fully integrated slaving capability without the need for external components. For enhanced operational capability, the THOMMEN HSL-1600 can be equipped with up to three hand-held controllers with priority switching, laser pointers and integrated NVG filters.
The searchlight has completed certification flight test on G-NSYS, the H135T1 test and trials helicopter owned by Nova Systems UK, GVH Aerospace’s sister company. The Nova Systems EASA Category 1 test pilots completed the flight testing under GVH Aerospace EASA Part 21J design approval in June 2016. This marked the final milestone for completion and issue of the STC by EASA, which will be imminently available.
The H135T1 test and trials helicopter, fitted with HSL-1600 searchlight, is on display at the Farnborough International Airshow 2016 outside Hall 4 from 11th to 15th July 2016.
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Devon Air Ambulance resumes ops – EC135s fitted with separation screens
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- EC135 Reduced mandatory maintenance and flight checks
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Royal Thai Air Force orders six Airbus H135 military trainers
- Polish Border Guard adds Airbus H135
- Gozo EMS operation upgrading to EC135
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- NASA orders three Airbus H135s
- EASA approves STC for Trakka TLX searchlight on EC135
- Cayman Police replace damaged EC135 wtih second H145
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Airbus launches retrofit solution for EC135 Electrical Master Boxes
- Metro first to STC H135 T3H Air Medical Interior
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- 24-Feb-19 9H-VIP Airbus EC135 Valetta, Malta