Boeing will deliver 50 AH-64E Apache attack helicopters to the British Army under an agreement signed between the U.S. and UK governments, the UK Ministry of Defence (MOD) announced today. The agreement is also a precursor to potential, significant long-term support opportunities for Boeing.
David Pitchforth, vice president and managing director of Boeing Defence UK Limited, said: “This is not only a major boost to the British Army but it will also mean long-term, sustained jobs in the UK as the vast majority of the training, maintenance, repair and overhaul will be done here over the service life of the aircraft. We are working closely with our extensive UK supply chain, including Leonardo Finmeccanica Helicopters (Leonardo), to support initial operating capability of the aircraft in 2022”.
Boeing has a long-standing relationship with Leonardo on the existing Apache programme. Boeing will support UK prosperity through increasing spend with UK suppliers and is in advanced discussions with Leonardo on the AH-64E contract and other opportunities.
To date, Boeing has delivered 149 AH-64Es to the U.S Army, logging more than 60,000 flight hours and 17,000 combat flying hours. The Apache performs across the full spectrum of operations and as a force multiplier for combat commanders and supports the safe return of troops.
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- S.A.F.E. awarded US Army contract
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Boeing Awarded $39M Contract for AH-64 Support
- US Army selects GE’s T901 engine
- Poland Plans on Mi-24 Fleet Upgrade
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Boeing and PGZ Partner for KRUK Attack Helicopter Program
- Netherlands signs combined Apache and Chinook sustainment contract with Boeing
- Morocco considering Apache purchase
- Thailand to acquire at least six new attack helicopters
- Lockheed awarded $14M contract for AH-64 Apache refurbishment
- Lockheed awarded $117M contract for AH-64 Modernized Laser Range Finder Designators
- Lockheed awarded $8M contract for Arrowhead upgrade kits for Egyptian Air Force AH-64 fleet
- Lockheed awarded $25M contract for Pilot Night Vision Sensor System kits for Apache
- PCX Aerostructures win $135M in US military contracts
- Robertson Fuel Systems awarded $176M contract for Procurement of Fuel Systems for Apache AH-64
- V-280 Valor undergoing ground trials at Amarillo