Aviation Specialties Unlimited, (ASU) Inc., announced today that the company has hired Sarah Pokorney as the new marketing coordinator. In her new role, Pokorney will manage marketing and communication for every division of ASU including sales, training, goggle service and repair and new product development.
Pokorney graduated from Boise State University with a degree in marketing and went on to obtain degrees in air transportation and mass communication. She is a veteran with more than 19 years of military service and is currently serving part-time in the Idaho Air National Guard.
“Not only is Pokorney an accomplished communicator and skilled veteran of the Air National Guard, but she is also well versed in our market,” said ASU President Jim Winkel. “She is a great addition to our team and will be great at spearheading our new initiatives. Her ability to coordinate teams both internally and externally and manage critical projects will greatly benefit our expanding company.”
“Joining the ASU team is the culmination of both my military and civilian marketing careers, and I already feel like part of the ASU family,” said Pokorney. “I’ve always enjoyed working with emerging companies, and ASU is a perfect combination of an established small business amidst significant growth. We’re releasing new products in military and civilian markets all over the world which has given me an opportunity to use my military and civilian experience to communicate what we do and most importantly why we do it—for a safer tomorrow.”
During her time with the Air National Guard, she has served nearly a year of active duty in support of Operation Enduring Freedom and participated in several critical relief missions. She volunteered for flood relief, wildfire support documentation as a photographer, and inspected more than 10,000 of pounds of flood relief supplies for Hurricane Katrina victims while stationed at Ramstein AFB in Germany.
Locally in Boise, Pokorney is a member of the Meridian Chamber of Commerce and graduated from their leadership class. Before joining ASU, Pokorney worked as a content manager for various websites, video editor, copywriter, social media manager and has won numerous awards for her work. Some of her accomplishments include being recognized by Boise State University as one of the top 40 Notable Alumni in 2014 and best feature story for the National Guard. She is also a skilled photographer and enjoys capturing candid moments and the stunning beauty of nature.
Pokorney will be attending the annual Airborne Law Enforcement Association (ALEA) annual convention held in Savannah, Georgia July 20-22, 2016 and will greet customers and industry leaders at ASU booth 404.
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf
- Kawasaki receives 5-blade H145 order from Thai corporate operator
- Arista wins five year $111M extension to UH-1 maintenance contract
- Bell Delivers the First TV News Helicopter to China
- Garmin® GI 275 electronic flight instrument CDI/MFD ready for helicopter installations
- GPMS Foresight HUMS now active on B407GXi
- Leading Edge Aviation adds B407GX to fleet
- StandardAero Completes Consolidation of Helicopter Centers of Excellence
- US EMS Operator contracts for first IFR-certified AW119
- HTM Helicopter Travel Munich appoints new Managing Director
- US approves sale of eight MV-22s Ospreys to Indonesia
- Airbus facilitates first e-delivery in Asia Pacific
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Schiebel Camcopter to fly Coast Guard ops in Finland, Sweden and Estonia
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force