Aviation Specialties Unlimited, (ASU) Inc., announced today that the company has hired Sarah Pokorney as the new marketing coordinator. In her new role, Pokorney will manage marketing and communication for every division of ASU including sales, training, goggle service and repair and new product development.
Pokorney graduated from Boise State University with a degree in marketing and went on to obtain degrees in air transportation and mass communication. She is a veteran with more than 19 years of military service and is currently serving part-time in the Idaho Air National Guard.
“Not only is Pokorney an accomplished communicator and skilled veteran of the Air National Guard, but she is also well versed in our market,” said ASU President Jim Winkel. “She is a great addition to our team and will be great at spearheading our new initiatives. Her ability to coordinate teams both internally and externally and manage critical projects will greatly benefit our expanding company.”
“Joining the ASU team is the culmination of both my military and civilian marketing careers, and I already feel like part of the ASU family,” said Pokorney. “I’ve always enjoyed working with emerging companies, and ASU is a perfect combination of an established small business amidst significant growth. We’re releasing new products in military and civilian markets all over the world which has given me an opportunity to use my military and civilian experience to communicate what we do and most importantly why we do it—for a safer tomorrow.”
During her time with the Air National Guard, she has served nearly a year of active duty in support of Operation Enduring Freedom and participated in several critical relief missions. She volunteered for flood relief, wildfire support documentation as a photographer, and inspected more than 10,000 of pounds of flood relief supplies for Hurricane Katrina victims while stationed at Ramstein AFB in Germany.
Locally in Boise, Pokorney is a member of the Meridian Chamber of Commerce and graduated from their leadership class. Before joining ASU, Pokorney worked as a content manager for various websites, video editor, copywriter, social media manager and has won numerous awards for her work. Some of her accomplishments include being recognized by Boise State University as one of the top 40 Notable Alumni in 2014 and best feature story for the National Guard. She is also a skilled photographer and enjoys capturing candid moments and the stunning beauty of nature.
Pokorney will be attending the annual Airborne Law Enforcement Association (ALEA) annual convention held in Savannah, Georgia July 20-22, 2016 and will greet customers and industry leaders at ASU booth 404.
- Helijet plans stock market exit
- China’s first Airbus H215 helicopter delivered
- Bell to display at FAMEX
- Russian Helicopters will participate in the FAMEX 2019 exhibition
- L3 MAS Awarded Five-Year Option In-Service Support Contracts
- Helijet renews British Columbia EMS contract
- Safran Awarded Patent for Turbine Engine Rapid Restart System Tests
- Next Airbus H125 for Simrik Air arrives this week
- Air Methods closes four bases in Oklahoma
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification