Leonardo-Finmeccanica and Mitsui Bussan Aerospace of Japan are celebrating at Farnborough Air Show 2016 today the imminent delivery of the 50th AgustaWestland AW139 intermediate twin-engine helicopter to Japan. The strength of the Leonardo Mitsui Bussan Aerospace partnership and market leading capabilities of the AW139 has seen the aircraft dominate markets that have traditionally been occupied by other helicopter manufacturers and has underpinned the expansion of both companies business in Japan.
Leonardo is the market leader in Japan in the twin-engine market thanks to the success of the AW109 series and the AW139. Mitsui Bussan is also an official distributor for the all new AW169 light intermediate twin-engine helicopter in Japan, paving the path for further success in the local market.
The AW139 has proven extremely successful in Japan performing a number of public utility roles including search and rescue and coast guard duties with the Japan Coast Guard, law enforcement, firefighting and disaster relief with the Japan National Police Agency, Tokyo Metropolitan Police and Fire and Disaster Management Agency, as well as several prefectures and city authorities. All Nippon Helicopter (for NHK) and Kansai TV have chosen the AW139 to carry out Electronic News Gathering (ENG) missions across the nation.
Leonardo success in the Japanese helicopter market continues to grow with strong sales in recent years across its complete commercial product range. Company’s regional business headquarters, based in Tokyo, has been supporting the company’s growing business in Japan since 2008. The helicopter fleet in Japan is also supported by four official service centers which provide maintenance and repair services, confirming Leonardo commitment to current and future rotorcraft requirements in Japan.
- Leonardo working with Suzuyo on first AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator in Japan
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- Weststar AW139 and AW169 orders
- Coptersafety appoints a new full-time flight instructor
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- Toll Helicopters and Seeing Machines have joined forces
- CHC Australia completes roll out of Leonardo AW139
- DART launches its new AW139 Skylight Window
- LCI Grows Australia-Based helicopter fleet
- Gulf Helicopters has selected SKYTRAC to Equip Fleet
- Babcock swaps aircraft between UK and Australia
- Babcock wins five year Australia contract with two AW139s
- Heli-Union wins long-term Perenco AW139 contract in Gabon
- Babcock exits southern North Sea operations
- 02-Feb-19 5N-CML Leonardo AW139 Kabba, Nigeria
- 29-Dec-18 Leonardo AW139 Jebel Jais, UAE (4F)
- LA Fire Department adds 5th AW139 helicopter