Leonardo-Finmeccanica and Mitsui Bussan Aerospace of Japan are celebrating at Farnborough Air Show 2016 today the imminent delivery of the 50th AgustaWestland AW139 intermediate twin-engine helicopter to Japan. The strength of the Leonardo Mitsui Bussan Aerospace partnership and market leading capabilities of the AW139 has seen the aircraft dominate markets that have traditionally been occupied by other helicopter manufacturers and has underpinned the expansion of both companies business in Japan.
Leonardo is the market leader in Japan in the twin-engine market thanks to the success of the AW109 series and the AW139. Mitsui Bussan is also an official distributor for the all new AW169 light intermediate twin-engine helicopter in Japan, paving the path for further success in the local market.
The AW139 has proven extremely successful in Japan performing a number of public utility roles including search and rescue and coast guard duties with the Japan Coast Guard, law enforcement, firefighting and disaster relief with the Japan National Police Agency, Tokyo Metropolitan Police and Fire and Disaster Management Agency, as well as several prefectures and city authorities. All Nippon Helicopter (for NHK) and Kansai TV have chosen the AW139 to carry out Electronic News Gathering (ENG) missions across the nation.
Leonardo success in the Japanese helicopter market continues to grow with strong sales in recent years across its complete commercial product range. Company’s regional business headquarters, based in Tokyo, has been supporting the company’s growing business in Japan since 2008. The helicopter fleet in Japan is also supported by four official service centers which provide maintenance and repair services, confirming Leonardo commitment to current and future rotorcraft requirements in Japan.
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- LCI Helicopters launches $100 Million co-investment vehicle
- RBI Hawker completes industry first with AW139 main rotor blade repair
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- Caverton signs for AW139 simulator from Thales
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Honeywell and Leonardo upgrade AW139 with Synthetic Vision Navigation
- Omni Táxi Aéreo picks Skytrac for Real-Time HUMS and Satellite Push-to-Talk solutions
- Leonardo announces the purchase of an AW139 Level D FF)S by Suzuyo & Co of Japan.
- Milestone Announces Leases of 7 Helicopters with Héli-Union
- Heli-One Approved to Develop AW139 IGB TGB Capability
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Leonardo Philadelphia delivers 300th AW139
- US Air Force gives Leonardo MH-139 a name – the Grey Wolf
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Petroleum Air Services adds 6th AW139
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- NHV gains a UK Air Operator Certificate