Sikorsky and Babcock Mission Critical Services Ltd. today signed a 10-year agreement providing Babcock’s S-92® helicopter fleet with extended support for its aftermarket material needs. Sikorsky’s Total Assurance Program provides Babcock continued aftermarket support to operate its S-92 fleet within a known budget, reducing the risk of unplanned costs. Babcock MCS Ltd. is a division of Babcock International Group plc. Sikorsky is a Lockheed Martin Company (NYSE: LMT).
The contract was signed in a ceremony at the 2016 Farnborough Air Show by Sikorsky Vice President for Strategy & Business Development Nathalie Previte and Babcock MCS Chief Operating Officer Andrea Cicero.
“We are pleased that Sikorsky is committed to improving material availability to keep these aircraft flying, and we are confident they will continue providing world-class support allowing us to deliver the critical services upon which our customers rely,” said Cicero.
“We have worked collaboratively with Babcock MCS on a number of points over the past two years,” said Previte. “This agreement is the result of a collaborative effort to expand our support presence and meet Babcock’s fleet requirements for improved operational readiness for their critical missions in both the Northern and Southern hemispheres.”
Sikorsky and Babcock have done business together since 1979. The Babcock fleet currently features more than 20 Sikorsky aircraft, operating in the North Sea, Western Australia and Spain. Certified to meet the most stringent safety requirements around the world, the S-92 helicopter is one of the most successful helicopters in operation.
- ITP Aero wins engine MRO contract for CHC S-92s and AW189s
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- Babcock wins major new North Sea helicopter contract from Bristow
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Bristow Announces Contract Extensions with ConocoPhillips
- Sikorsky Honours S92 Operators
- Sikorsky introduces S-92A+ and S-92B upgrades
- First Sikorsky S92 retired from active service
- 13-Dec-19 G-WNSV Sikorsky S92 Sumburgh, UK
- 25-Oct-19 5N-BOA Sikorsky S92 Port Hardcourt, Nigeria
- Babcock swaps aircraft between UK and Australia
- 18-Feb-10 Sikorsky H-92 Kauai, US-Hawaii
- HeliTSA starts S92 maintenance training in Australia, secures own Part 147 approval
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Sikorsky relocates and expands parts stock in Brazil
- Milestone grows S92 fleet to 95 Helicopters
- Canada Certifies Increased Gross Weight for S-92
- Thai Aviation Services begins S-92 helicopter training
- Bristow UK Secures Contract to Support TAQA’s UK Operations
- Sikorsky Advances iFly Sikorsky™