Safran has been selected to supply engines for the training aircraft selected for Rotary Wing training under the UK’s Military Flying Training System (UKMFTS) programme. Safran Helicopter Engines will provide Arrius 2B2Plus and Arriel 2E turbines for the fleet of Airbus Helicopters H135 and H145.
Safran maintains its position of preferred engine manufacturer for helicopter training operations. Bruno Even, Safran Helicopter Engines CEO, said “UK military pilots have trained using our engines aboard Gazelle and Squirrel rotorcraft for 40 years. We are glad they will keep using Safran engines in their future H135 and H145 training operations”.
Arrius and Arriel engines are already contributing to training operations in the United States, Australia, France, Germany and many other countries.
The Arrius 2B2Plus and Arriel 2E combine state-of-the-art technology with best–in-class reliability. With a growing market share of the H135 market, the Arrius 2B2Plus is currently in demand for operators conducting missions in demanding environments. One of its advantages is better performance in hot-and-high conditions, enabling the H135 to carry more payload at the same altitude. To date, Safran has delivered more than 3,150 Arrius engines to 430 customers in 60 countries.
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Royal Thai Air Force orders six Airbus H135 military trainers
- Polish Border Guard adds Airbus H135
- Gozo EMS operation upgrading to EC135
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- NASA orders three Airbus H135s
- EASA approves STC for Trakka TLX searchlight on EC135
- Cayman Police replace damaged EC135 wtih second H145
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Airbus launches retrofit solution for EC135 Electrical Master Boxes
- Metro first to STC H135 T3H Air Medical Interior
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- 24-Feb-19 9H-VIP Airbus EC135 Valetta, Malta
- Hungary buys nine pre-owned Airbus EC135s
- 13-Feb-19 D-HJMD Airbus EC135P2 Neustadt an der Orla, Germany
- SPAES procures nine medical racks for EC135 installation
- Airbus EC135 – FAA AD 2013-21-05R1 – Bearings