Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (Children’s) flies more than 30,000 miles annually in Georgia’s only dedicated pediatric helicopter. They recently updated their capabilities with the world’s first EC145e, completed by Metro Aviation.
The EC145e retains the power, performance and reliability of the legacy EC145, but with a useful load of up to 300 pounds more than the original. Children’s new aircraft is equipped with Metro’s air conditioning system, HeliSAS and specialty pediatric care equipment. The crew has access to Heliox, a High Flow Humidifier and nitric oxide inside their mobile ICU, allowing the medical team to stabilize breathing whether the patient has a compromised airway, unstable lungs or other breathing ailments. In addition, a state-of-the-art CMAC camera will allow the crew to safely visualize the small pediatric airway in the event they must place a breathing tube.
“This new aircraft is truly a mobile pediatric ICU. We have the most highly trained pediatric medical team in the state, and we also have the most capable aircraft to provide the care our community expects from Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta,” said Greg Pereira, Director of Transport and Trauma.
The EC145e can accommodate up to five specialty care clinicians or four clinicians and a family member. Children’s expects to have the new aircraft in service later this summer. This is the first of 6 EC145e aircraft scheduled to enter service between now and the second quarter of 2017. It will also be displayed on the Metro Aviation booth at AMTC in Charlotte, NC, September 26-28.
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 22-Feb-19 F-HSOX Airbus EC145 Bidarray, France
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Metro Delivers New Aircraft to University of Chicago
- Mercyhealth REACT Has New Helicopter in Service
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment
- ATP improves torquing method for Airbus EC145
- Duke Life Flight EC145 crash leads to lawsuit against Safran and pilot
- Anti-corruption questions over Airbus EC145 sale to Kazakhstan
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- The French Gendarmerie Nationale Orders an Additional EC145
- Iraq Ministry of Oil receives four EC145s
- The Helicopter Flight Training Center goes international
- New Location is LifeFlight’s First in Northwest Pennsylvania
- NZ CAA approves Metro Aviation EC145 simulator
- 22-May-17 AN-136 Eurocopter EC145 Punta Chame, Panama
- 19-May-17 N197LL Airbus EC145 Terre Haute, US-Indiana