Thales announces that Scorpion® helmet-mounted sight and display (HMSD) has been selected for Engineering, Manufacturing and Development (EMD) for South Korean Light Armed Helicopter (LAH) and to equip after completion on LAH EMD.
At the end of an open competition, KAI made the choice of efficiency, modern technology and reliability. Thales will provide 400 HMSD Scorpion® which will be onboard LAH at the beginning of the 2020’s.
“Winning this additional contract further validates that Thales portfolio now offers Scorpion® , the world’s most advanced monocular HMSD, and TopOwl, the world’s most successful fully binocular HMSD.” Christian Bardot, Thales VP in charge of Helicopter Avionics business.
LAH program represents 200 helicopters. Korean Aerospace Industries (KAI) places Thales HMSD Scorpion® as the new reference regarding monocular HMSD for armed and scout helicopters.
Scorpion® head tracking system is HObIT (Hybrid Optical based Inertial Tracking) provides highly accurate, reliable, and non-intrusive cockpit integration. The only full color display on the market using a single display for day and night, pilot can operate a smooth transition from day mode to night. Scorpion® is fully compatible with all standard Night Vision Google. Conformal and color symbology is now always available by day and night on an unlimited field of regard. Any standard video will be also available at anytime.
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International
- Airinmar selected by Air Methods for warranty and value engineering services
- Former HAI chairman Wisecup passes away
- AAMS issue statement on HHS report on surprise medical billing
- Wilson Construction upgrades MD500E to MD530F standard
- Transport Canada Approve HTC metal blades for Bell 204, 205 and UH-1
- Nigerian union pickets Bristow Helicopters
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Mi-8AMT to Vityaz-Aero
- EHang 216 Obtained Special Flight Operations Certificate from TCCA
- 04-Aug-20 RA-06353 Robinson R66 Mount Belukha, Russia
- 04-Aug-20 D-HIPO Bell 47G4A Lübstorf, Germany
- Babcock wins major new contracts with Total E&P UK
- Triumph to provide helicopter MRO services to Global Aerospace Logistics
- MedEvac Foundation Invites Participants to Virtual Event
- SPAES H145 night vision approvals updated for new tactical radios
- Police Aviation News – August 2020 Edition