Thales announces that Scorpion® helmet-mounted sight and display (HMSD) has been selected for Engineering, Manufacturing and Development (EMD) for South Korean Light Armed Helicopter (LAH) and to equip after completion on LAH EMD.
At the end of an open competition, KAI made the choice of efficiency, modern technology and reliability. Thales will provide 400 HMSD Scorpion® which will be onboard LAH at the beginning of the 2020’s.
“Winning this additional contract further validates that Thales portfolio now offers Scorpion® , the world’s most advanced monocular HMSD, and TopOwl, the world’s most successful fully binocular HMSD.” Christian Bardot, Thales VP in charge of Helicopter Avionics business.
LAH program represents 200 helicopters. Korean Aerospace Industries (KAI) places Thales HMSD Scorpion® as the new reference regarding monocular HMSD for armed and scout helicopters.
Scorpion® head tracking system is HObIT (Hybrid Optical based Inertial Tracking) provides highly accurate, reliable, and non-intrusive cockpit integration. The only full color display on the market using a single display for day and night, pilot can operate a smooth transition from day mode to night. Scorpion® is fully compatible with all standard Night Vision Google. Conformal and color symbology is now always available by day and night on an unlimited field of regard. Any standard video will be also available at anytime.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020