Thales announces that Scorpion® helmet-mounted sight and display (HMSD) has been selected for Engineering, Manufacturing and Development (EMD) for South Korean Light Armed Helicopter (LAH) and to equip after completion on LAH EMD.
At the end of an open competition, KAI made the choice of efficiency, modern technology and reliability. Thales will provide 400 HMSD Scorpion® which will be onboard LAH at the beginning of the 2020’s.
“Winning this additional contract further validates that Thales portfolio now offers Scorpion® , the world’s most advanced monocular HMSD, and TopOwl, the world’s most successful fully binocular HMSD.” Christian Bardot, Thales VP in charge of Helicopter Avionics business.
LAH program represents 200 helicopters. Korean Aerospace Industries (KAI) places Thales HMSD Scorpion® as the new reference regarding monocular HMSD for armed and scout helicopters.
Scorpion® head tracking system is HObIT (Hybrid Optical based Inertial Tracking) provides highly accurate, reliable, and non-intrusive cockpit integration. The only full color display on the market using a single display for day and night, pilot can operate a smooth transition from day mode to night. Scorpion® is fully compatible with all standard Night Vision Google. Conformal and color symbology is now always available by day and night on an unlimited field of regard. Any standard video will be also available at anytime.
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Arrius engines mark 10 million flight hours
- Celebrating 40 Years of Bell Operating in China
- Safran and AECC introduce the WZ16
- LZControl supercharges its system with new upgrades
- Euramec signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with GeoSim Technologies
- Russia’s state Medevac programme on life-support