The defence ministry in Hungary signed a contract on 7th July with Russian Helicopters for the overhaul of their four Mi-17 helicopters. The contract calls for all four to be completed within 24 months, with each airframe being completed within 10 months of arrival.
The work will be carried out at Novosibirsk, and the contract value is reported as nearly 4 billion forints (approx $14.2 Million).
HeliHub.com data shows the Hungarian military operating seven Mi-17 helicopters, with registrations from 701 to 707.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- FAA to Host Virtual International Rotorcraft Safety Conference
- Leonardo are test flying AW169 with skids
- QinetiQ contract with Castle Air to operate new Airbus H145
- Bell opens facility in Wichita, Kansas
- First flight for Russia’s Ka-52M
- DRF Luftrettung retains Christoph 80 contract from April 2021
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000
- Ryan Aerospace wins International Military Training and Simulation award
- Bell Unveils New Manufacturing Technology Center
- Helicentre Aviation Extends 2020 Scholarships Deadline
- AIRO Group buys Aspen Avionics
- New Weather Layers in Profile in ForeFlight’s Latest Release
- Final five Mi-8MTV-5-1 delivered to Russian military ahead of schedule
- Helicopter Online Ground School launches two new courses
- HAI launches annual Salute to Excellence Awards
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half
- Prestwick SAR base passes 1,500 taskings milestone
- Great Western Air Ambulance encourages use of What3Words
- Iran unveils new laser-guided missiles for helicopter fleet