CONTROP Precision Technologies Ltd. – a company specializing in the field of electro-optics (EO) and infrared (IR) defense and homeland security solutions – announces the release of the SHAPO-HD – High Definition (HD) EO/IR camera payload for helicopters. The introduction of the new SHAPO-HD completes CONTROP’s family of EO/IR payloads with HD capabilities, including the DSP-HD, the QUAD-HD and now the new SHAPO-HD. The new payload is the HD version of the current SHAPO system, which is installed on the BELL 206 and AS350.
The SHAPO-HD is a compact and lightweight (9.4″ diameter 24 lbs.) payload, which includes a high resolution Thermal Camera with x15 continuous zoom lens, HD color continuous zoom Day Camera with Low Light Mode and a Laser Range Finder and\or Laser Pointer as options.
The addition of the new SHAPO-HD to CONTROP’s family of EO/IR payloads compliments CONTROP’s wide variety of options for all helicopter missions – from the SHAPO 9.4″ 24 lbs. system up to the DSP-HD 14″ 66 lbs. system. These camera payloads are used worldwide for Police and Airborne Reconnaissance applications and provide an outstanding man-machine interface (MMI) and flexibility.
CONTROP’s EO/IR camera payloads are installed on many different helicopters including the Mi-17, Mi-24, Bell 407, Kamov and Eurocopter EC-145. SHAPO-HD and DSP-HD are in the process of FAA STC for installation on Airbus Helicopters H125 and H145 for a customer that has procured the systems. The certificates are expected to be obtained by the end of this year.
CONTROP’s VP Marketing Mr. Johnny Carni added that, “The system’s thermal imager with the continuous zoom lens makes the SHAPO-HD ideal for day and night surveillance applications, particularly on small helicopters for example Robinson’s. By adding the SHAPO-HD to our line of payloads, we are able to provide a variety of different sized HD payload options to meet any size/weight/budget requirements. Now, even if there are tight budgetary restrictions, we can provide our customers with the best suited high performance HD payload to meet their needs. Since we offer these fully gyro-stabilized camera payloads at very competitive prices, we are providing our customers with unmatched price/performance ratio.”
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot