CONTROP Precision Technologies Ltd. – a company specializing in the field of electro-optics (EO) and infrared (IR) defense and homeland security solutions – announces the release of the SHAPO-HD – High Definition (HD) EO/IR camera payload for helicopters. The introduction of the new SHAPO-HD completes CONTROP’s family of EO/IR payloads with HD capabilities, including the DSP-HD, the QUAD-HD and now the new SHAPO-HD. The new payload is the HD version of the current SHAPO system, which is installed on the BELL 206 and AS350.
The SHAPO-HD is a compact and lightweight (9.4″ diameter 24 lbs.) payload, which includes a high resolution Thermal Camera with x15 continuous zoom lens, HD color continuous zoom Day Camera with Low Light Mode and a Laser Range Finder and\or Laser Pointer as options.
The addition of the new SHAPO-HD to CONTROP’s family of EO/IR payloads compliments CONTROP’s wide variety of options for all helicopter missions – from the SHAPO 9.4″ 24 lbs. system up to the DSP-HD 14″ 66 lbs. system. These camera payloads are used worldwide for Police and Airborne Reconnaissance applications and provide an outstanding man-machine interface (MMI) and flexibility.
CONTROP’s EO/IR camera payloads are installed on many different helicopters including the Mi-17, Mi-24, Bell 407, Kamov and Eurocopter EC-145. SHAPO-HD and DSP-HD are in the process of FAA STC for installation on Airbus Helicopters H125 and H145 for a customer that has procured the systems. The certificates are expected to be obtained by the end of this year.
CONTROP’s VP Marketing Mr. Johnny Carni added that, “The system’s thermal imager with the continuous zoom lens makes the SHAPO-HD ideal for day and night surveillance applications, particularly on small helicopters for example Robinson’s. By adding the SHAPO-HD to our line of payloads, we are able to provide a variety of different sized HD payload options to meet any size/weight/budget requirements. Now, even if there are tight budgetary restrictions, we can provide our customers with the best suited high performance HD payload to meet their needs. Since we offer these fully gyro-stabilized camera payloads at very competitive prices, we are providing our customers with unmatched price/performance ratio.”
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama