CONTROP Precision Technologies Ltd. – a company specializing in the field of electro-optics (EO) and infrared (IR) defense and homeland security solutions – announces the release of the SHAPO-HD – High Definition (HD) EO/IR camera payload for helicopters. The introduction of the new SHAPO-HD completes CONTROP’s family of EO/IR payloads with HD capabilities, including the DSP-HD, the QUAD-HD and now the new SHAPO-HD. The new payload is the HD version of the current SHAPO system, which is installed on the BELL 206 and AS350.
The SHAPO-HD is a compact and lightweight (9.4″ diameter 24 lbs.) payload, which includes a high resolution Thermal Camera with x15 continuous zoom lens, HD color continuous zoom Day Camera with Low Light Mode and a Laser Range Finder and\or Laser Pointer as options.
The addition of the new SHAPO-HD to CONTROP’s family of EO/IR payloads compliments CONTROP’s wide variety of options for all helicopter missions – from the SHAPO 9.4″ 24 lbs. system up to the DSP-HD 14″ 66 lbs. system. These camera payloads are used worldwide for Police and Airborne Reconnaissance applications and provide an outstanding man-machine interface (MMI) and flexibility.
CONTROP’s EO/IR camera payloads are installed on many different helicopters including the Mi-17, Mi-24, Bell 407, Kamov and Eurocopter EC-145. SHAPO-HD and DSP-HD are in the process of FAA STC for installation on Airbus Helicopters H125 and H145 for a customer that has procured the systems. The certificates are expected to be obtained by the end of this year.
CONTROP’s VP Marketing Mr. Johnny Carni added that, “The system’s thermal imager with the continuous zoom lens makes the SHAPO-HD ideal for day and night surveillance applications, particularly on small helicopters for example Robinson’s. By adding the SHAPO-HD to our line of payloads, we are able to provide a variety of different sized HD payload options to meet any size/weight/budget requirements. Now, even if there are tight budgetary restrictions, we can provide our customers with the best suited high performance HD payload to meet their needs. Since we offer these fully gyro-stabilized camera payloads at very competitive prices, we are providing our customers with unmatched price/performance ratio.”
- US approves sale of eight MV-22s Ospreys to Indonesia
- Airbus facilitates first e-delivery in Asia Pacific
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Schiebel Camcopter to fly Coast Guard ops in Finland, Sweden and Estonia
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Police Aviation News – July 2020 Edition
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device