CONTROP Precision Technologies Ltd. – a company specializing in the field of electro-optics (EO) and infrared (IR) defense and homeland security solutions – announces the release of the SHAPO-HD – High Definition (HD) EO/IR camera payload for helicopters. The introduction of the new SHAPO-HD completes CONTROP’s family of EO/IR payloads with HD capabilities, including the DSP-HD, the QUAD-HD and now the new SHAPO-HD. The new payload is the HD version of the current SHAPO system, which is installed on the BELL 206 and AS350.
The SHAPO-HD is a compact and lightweight (9.4″ diameter 24 lbs.) payload, which includes a high resolution Thermal Camera with x15 continuous zoom lens, HD color continuous zoom Day Camera with Low Light Mode and a Laser Range Finder and\or Laser Pointer as options.
The addition of the new SHAPO-HD to CONTROP’s family of EO/IR payloads compliments CONTROP’s wide variety of options for all helicopter missions – from the SHAPO 9.4″ 24 lbs. system up to the DSP-HD 14″ 66 lbs. system. These camera payloads are used worldwide for Police and Airborne Reconnaissance applications and provide an outstanding man-machine interface (MMI) and flexibility.
CONTROP’s EO/IR camera payloads are installed on many different helicopters including the Mi-17, Mi-24, Bell 407, Kamov and Eurocopter EC-145. SHAPO-HD and DSP-HD are in the process of FAA STC for installation on Airbus Helicopters H125 and H145 for a customer that has procured the systems. The certificates are expected to be obtained by the end of this year.
CONTROP’s VP Marketing Mr. Johnny Carni added that, “The system’s thermal imager with the continuous zoom lens makes the SHAPO-HD ideal for day and night surveillance applications, particularly on small helicopters for example Robinson’s. By adding the SHAPO-HD to our line of payloads, we are able to provide a variety of different sized HD payload options to meet any size/weight/budget requirements. Now, even if there are tight budgetary restrictions, we can provide our customers with the best suited high performance HD payload to meet their needs. Since we offer these fully gyro-stabilized camera payloads at very competitive prices, we are providing our customers with unmatched price/performance ratio.”
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid
- COVID-19 – London Heliport announces temporary closure
- Lockheed Martin’s FARA Enters Prototype Phase
- COVID-19 – 3 British Army AW159 Wildcats have been deployed to support UK with COVID-19
- HAI Urges Caution Re FAA Announcement for Airmen Medical Certificates
- Crash-resistant Fuel System Developed for Russian Ka-226T
- NCHCF continues to raise funds for heliport at Melfort Hospital
- DRF Luftrettung starts using new isolation stretchers
- COVID-19 – Leonardoto provide resources and people in support of COVID-19
- CHC calls for papers for Safety & Quality Summit
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135