CONTROP Precision Technologies Ltd. – a company specializing in the field of electro-optics (EO) and infrared (IR) defense and homeland security solutions – announces the release of the SHAPO-HD – High Definition (HD) EO/IR camera payload for helicopters. The introduction of the new SHAPO-HD completes CONTROP’s family of EO/IR payloads with HD capabilities, including the DSP-HD, the QUAD-HD and now the new SHAPO-HD. The new payload is the HD version of the current SHAPO system, which is installed on the BELL 206 and AS350.
The SHAPO-HD is a compact and lightweight (9.4″ diameter 24 lbs.) payload, which includes a high resolution Thermal Camera with x15 continuous zoom lens, HD color continuous zoom Day Camera with Low Light Mode and a Laser Range Finder and\or Laser Pointer as options.
The addition of the new SHAPO-HD to CONTROP’s family of EO/IR payloads compliments CONTROP’s wide variety of options for all helicopter missions – from the SHAPO 9.4″ 24 lbs. system up to the DSP-HD 14″ 66 lbs. system. These camera payloads are used worldwide for Police and Airborne Reconnaissance applications and provide an outstanding man-machine interface (MMI) and flexibility.
CONTROP’s EO/IR camera payloads are installed on many different helicopters including the Mi-17, Mi-24, Bell 407, Kamov and Eurocopter EC-145. SHAPO-HD and DSP-HD are in the process of FAA STC for installation on Airbus Helicopters H125 and H145 for a customer that has procured the systems. The certificates are expected to be obtained by the end of this year.
CONTROP’s VP Marketing Mr. Johnny Carni added that, “The system’s thermal imager with the continuous zoom lens makes the SHAPO-HD ideal for day and night surveillance applications, particularly on small helicopters for example Robinson’s. By adding the SHAPO-HD to our line of payloads, we are able to provide a variety of different sized HD payload options to meet any size/weight/budget requirements. Now, even if there are tight budgetary restrictions, we can provide our customers with the best suited high performance HD payload to meet their needs. Since we offer these fully gyro-stabilized camera payloads at very competitive prices, we are providing our customers with unmatched price/performance ratio.”
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center