As an air medical operator, Metro Aviation relies heavily on the operational control center (OCC) to monitor its activity in real-time, confirm flight crew qualifications and airworthiness of aircraft and to communicate with pilots and communication specialists across the country. Managing the OCC requires attention to detail, a high level of organization and a wealth of knowledge across all aspects of the industry.
Metro has identified all of those skills and more in its new OCC manager, Ann Lowell.
Lowell received the 2015 Pilot of the Year award by the National EMS Pilots Association and has experience in a variety of helicopter operations, with more than 3,200 flight hours in various airframes. Her background also includes service as a paramedic and firefighter.
She has spent the past seven years in management and has 20 years of combined experience in customer service.
“Metro’s operational control center is the cornerstone of each and every flight operation we conduct,” said Metro’s director of operations Jim Arthur. “Ann’s extensive experience in aviation and emergency medical services provides a unique advantage in managing the FAA [Federal Aviation Administration] mandated regulatory requirements of the OCC, as well as offering our clients a true understanding of the challenges that clinicians face during a transport.
“We are pleased to welcome Ann to Metro and have every confidence in her ability to lead our team in the OCC and to serve our Metro family.”
Ann is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the OCC and its new team of experienced operational control specialists, ensuring that Metro Aviation’s operations will continue to operate safely and efficiently.
“Metro Aviation is proud to welcome Ann to the Metro family.”
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- New equipment options revealed for Ansat
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Executive Vice-President, Support and Services
- CGAS Humboldt Bat orders HH-65 maintenance platforms
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- 15-Sep-20 N489DM Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Christoph 54 completes 50th Operation
- Gulf Helicopters announces the success in qualifying to the standards of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation