As an air medical operator, Metro Aviation relies heavily on the operational control center (OCC) to monitor its activity in real-time, confirm flight crew qualifications and airworthiness of aircraft and to communicate with pilots and communication specialists across the country. Managing the OCC requires attention to detail, a high level of organization and a wealth of knowledge across all aspects of the industry.
Metro has identified all of those skills and more in its new OCC manager, Ann Lowell.
Lowell received the 2015 Pilot of the Year award by the National EMS Pilots Association and has experience in a variety of helicopter operations, with more than 3,200 flight hours in various airframes. Her background also includes service as a paramedic and firefighter.
She has spent the past seven years in management and has 20 years of combined experience in customer service.
“Metro’s operational control center is the cornerstone of each and every flight operation we conduct,” said Metro’s director of operations Jim Arthur. “Ann’s extensive experience in aviation and emergency medical services provides a unique advantage in managing the FAA [Federal Aviation Administration] mandated regulatory requirements of the OCC, as well as offering our clients a true understanding of the challenges that clinicians face during a transport.
“We are pleased to welcome Ann to Metro and have every confidence in her ability to lead our team in the OCC and to serve our Metro family.”
Ann is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the OCC and its new team of experienced operational control specialists, ensuring that Metro Aviation’s operations will continue to operate safely and efficiently.
“Metro Aviation is proud to welcome Ann to the Metro family.”
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock