As an air medical operator, Metro Aviation relies heavily on the operational control center (OCC) to monitor its activity in real-time, confirm flight crew qualifications and airworthiness of aircraft and to communicate with pilots and communication specialists across the country. Managing the OCC requires attention to detail, a high level of organization and a wealth of knowledge across all aspects of the industry.
Metro has identified all of those skills and more in its new OCC manager, Ann Lowell.
Lowell received the 2015 Pilot of the Year award by the National EMS Pilots Association and has experience in a variety of helicopter operations, with more than 3,200 flight hours in various airframes. Her background also includes service as a paramedic and firefighter.
She has spent the past seven years in management and has 20 years of combined experience in customer service.
“Metro’s operational control center is the cornerstone of each and every flight operation we conduct,” said Metro’s director of operations Jim Arthur. “Ann’s extensive experience in aviation and emergency medical services provides a unique advantage in managing the FAA [Federal Aviation Administration] mandated regulatory requirements of the OCC, as well as offering our clients a true understanding of the challenges that clinicians face during a transport.
“We are pleased to welcome Ann to Metro and have every confidence in her ability to lead our team in the OCC and to serve our Metro family.”
Ann is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the OCC and its new team of experienced operational control specialists, ensuring that Metro Aviation’s operations will continue to operate safely and efficiently.
“Metro Aviation is proud to welcome Ann to the Metro family.”
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Arrius engines mark 10 million flight hours
- Celebrating 40 Years of Bell Operating in China
- Safran and AECC introduce the WZ16
- LZControl supercharges its system with new upgrades
- Euramec signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with GeoSim Technologies
- Russia’s state Medevac programme on life-support