Waypoint Leasing (Ireland) Limited (“Waypoint”), the largest independent global helicopter leasing company, today announced that it will place two AW139 helicopters with new customers in Africa and Asia, respectively. The aircraft are currently being returned from CHC and will be re-deployed with the new customers in support of oil and gas operations.
Waypoint also announced that it is actively engaged with numerous interested parties to remarket several other aircraft formerly used by CHC for a range of missions, including those outside of oil & gas. These discussions are in advanced stages, and in some cases, transaction terms and letters of intent have been agreed upon.
Ed Washecka, Chief Executive Officer of Waypoint, said, “We are excited to place two AW139s with new customers in Africa and Asia, and are encouraged by the broad market support for, and acceptance of, aircraft returning from CHC, to service a variety of missions across the globe. We expect our comprehensive remarketing efforts to translate into further new transactions in the near and medium-term, as the price of oil stabilizes and other end markets increasingly rely on helicopter leasing to fulfill their missions.”
Allan Rowe, Managing Director, Head of Commercial added “As our company has grown, we’ve continued to focus on key assets that are core to the modern global helicopter fleet, within which the AW139 plays a central role. Aircraft lessors create value by adding needed liquidity and facilitating efficient markets, wherever we are in the economic cycle, which includes trading and acquiring assets to meet demand. In addition to placing returned aircraft with new customers, we can also acquire surplus aircraft from third parties when opportunities arise.”
HeliHub.com editor note – we believe the subject helicopters to be MSN 41005 and 41210 which CHC had parked up at Humberside Airport in the UK and have in recent days been transported by road to the Vector Aerospace facility at Fleetlands on the UK south coast.
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Penzance Helicopters flights to restart 4th July, plus AW139 update
- FAA approves Coptersafety AW139 simulator
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- LCI Helicopters launches $100 Million co-investment vehicle
- RBI Hawker completes industry first with AW139 main rotor blade repair
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- Caverton signs for AW139 simulator from Thales
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Honeywell and Leonardo upgrade AW139 with Synthetic Vision Navigation
- Omni Táxi Aéreo picks Skytrac for Real-Time HUMS and Satellite Push-to-Talk solutions
- Leonardo announces the purchase of an AW139 Level D FF)S by Suzuyo & Co of Japan.
- Milestone Announces Leases of 7 Helicopters with Héli-Union
- Heli-One Approved to Develop AW139 IGB TGB Capability
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Leonardo Philadelphia delivers 300th AW139
- US Air Force gives Leonardo MH-139 a name – the Grey Wolf
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Petroleum Air Services adds 6th AW139