Safety experts from the U.S. Helicopter Safety Team (www.USHST.org) will be participating on Oct. 25-27 in the Federal Aviation Administration’s International Rotorcraft Safety Conference in Fort Worth, TX. The free conference (www.faahelisafety.org) gathers together rotorcraft pilots, mechanics, small company owners, industry executives, helicopter operators, students and government regulators from the United States and abroad.
USHST participants in the conference will include:
Dennis Pierce, Founder of Colorado Heli-Ops Flight School – “Flight Training Safety and the Bottom Line.”
Tim Tucker, Chief Instructor at Robinson Helicopters – “Basic Helicopter Safety Course.”
Bryan Smith, Safety Program Manager for the Airborne Law Enforcement Association – “How to Avoid Inadvertent IMC.”
These industry experts also are scheduled to attend:
Gordon Jiroux, President, CEO & Chief Flight Instructor for Universal Helicopters – “Culture of Safety.”
Bruce Webb, Chief Pilot for Airbus Helicopters – “Hope Is Not a Strategy: How to Improve Our Decisions.”
For a complete listing of participants and topics, see the conference web site at www.faahelisafety.org.
Since 2013, the U.S. Helicopter Safety Team has focused on safe operations and fatal accidents within the U.S. civil helicopter community. Through 2015, total accidents decreased for the second year in a row and the helicopter accident rate has been cut by 26 percent compared to 2013. For the first six months of 2016, the accident rate has been reduced by 12 percent compared to 2015.
In addition, compared to three years ago, fatal accidents are down 43 percent and the fatal accident rate is down 50 percent.
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- Vertical Flight Society to Highlight eVTOL Revolution at Heli-Expo 2019
- Upgrades to Inverness hospital life-Saving Helipad
- Portugal’s Air Force takes delivery of first two AW119Kx
- USCG starts MH-65E Initial Operational Test And Evaluation
- Honeywell to launch eVTOL hybrid-electric propulsion system at Heli-Expo 2019
- Advanced Turbine Engine Company Files Protest For ITEP
- Nominations Open for the International Aerial Firefighting Awards 2019
- Heligo receives its first H145
- DRF releases 2018 operating statistics
- IBAC Welcomes New IS-BAO Operations Manager
- HAL takes leading role in organising Aero India 2019
- Russian Helicopters identified potential partners in localization of Ka-226T in India
- DRF Luftrettung – “Use of unmanned aerial vehicles in emergency medicine”
- Genesys HeliSAS stability augmentation system now certified for IFR
- Ace Aeronautics sells three UH-60s to Austrian military
- DRF Luftrettung and Lufthansa Aviation Training cooperate
- Russian Helicopters to take part in Aero India 2019
- Canada donates surplus Coast Guard Bo105 to BCIT
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management