Safety experts from the U.S. Helicopter Safety Team (www.USHST.org) will be participating on Oct. 25-27 in the Federal Aviation Administration’s International Rotorcraft Safety Conference in Fort Worth, TX. The free conference (www.faahelisafety.org) gathers together rotorcraft pilots, mechanics, small company owners, industry executives, helicopter operators, students and government regulators from the United States and abroad.
USHST participants in the conference will include:
Dennis Pierce, Founder of Colorado Heli-Ops Flight School – “Flight Training Safety and the Bottom Line.”
Tim Tucker, Chief Instructor at Robinson Helicopters – “Basic Helicopter Safety Course.”
Bryan Smith, Safety Program Manager for the Airborne Law Enforcement Association – “How to Avoid Inadvertent IMC.”
These industry experts also are scheduled to attend:
Gordon Jiroux, President, CEO & Chief Flight Instructor for Universal Helicopters – “Culture of Safety.”
Bruce Webb, Chief Pilot for Airbus Helicopters – “Hope Is Not a Strategy: How to Improve Our Decisions.”
For a complete listing of participants and topics, see the conference web site at www.faahelisafety.org.
Since 2013, the U.S. Helicopter Safety Team has focused on safe operations and fatal accidents within the U.S. civil helicopter community. Through 2015, total accidents decreased for the second year in a row and the helicopter accident rate has been cut by 26 percent compared to 2013. For the first six months of 2016, the accident rate has been reduced by 12 percent compared to 2015.
In addition, compared to three years ago, fatal accidents are down 43 percent and the fatal accident rate is down 50 percent.
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria