Safety experts from the U.S. Helicopter Safety Team (www.USHST.org) will be participating on Oct. 25-27 in the Federal Aviation Administration’s International Rotorcraft Safety Conference in Fort Worth, TX. The free conference (www.faahelisafety.org) gathers together rotorcraft pilots, mechanics, small company owners, industry executives, helicopter operators, students and government regulators from the United States and abroad.
USHST participants in the conference will include:
Dennis Pierce, Founder of Colorado Heli-Ops Flight School – “Flight Training Safety and the Bottom Line.”
Tim Tucker, Chief Instructor at Robinson Helicopters – “Basic Helicopter Safety Course.”
Bryan Smith, Safety Program Manager for the Airborne Law Enforcement Association – “How to Avoid Inadvertent IMC.”
These industry experts also are scheduled to attend:
Gordon Jiroux, President, CEO & Chief Flight Instructor for Universal Helicopters – “Culture of Safety.”
Bruce Webb, Chief Pilot for Airbus Helicopters – “Hope Is Not a Strategy: How to Improve Our Decisions.”
For a complete listing of participants and topics, see the conference web site at www.faahelisafety.org.
Since 2013, the U.S. Helicopter Safety Team has focused on safe operations and fatal accidents within the U.S. civil helicopter community. Through 2015, total accidents decreased for the second year in a row and the helicopter accident rate has been cut by 26 percent compared to 2013. For the first six months of 2016, the accident rate has been reduced by 12 percent compared to 2015.
In addition, compared to three years ago, fatal accidents are down 43 percent and the fatal accident rate is down 50 percent.
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week
- Air Methods appoints SVP of Clinical Services
- Brazil approves Van Horn Bell 206 v2 composite blades
- Wolfson Childrens Hospital adds helicopter