Leonardo-Finmeccanica has confirmed that the first AW609 TiltRotor prototype has resumed flight testing in helicopter and airplane modes.
Flight testing activities will continue to take place in Arlington, Texas, with plans to soon fly the AW609 to Philadelphia and ultimately relocate the aircraft at the company’s facilities in Italy.
The third prototype, assembled and ground tested in Italy, is being shipped to Philadelphia in preparation for certification flight testing activities planned later this year.
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Leonardo flies fourth AW609
- Leonardo to expand US training with AW169 and AW609 simulators
- Leonardo to produce AW609 tiltrotor Level D Full Flight Simulator
- Era to launch AW609 into US with two aircraft in 2020
- Canada certifies PT6C-67A engine for AW609
- Leonardo AW609 programme moves forward
- Leonardo rolls out AW609 in Philadelphia
- AW609 prototype moves from Arlington to Philadelphia to resume flight tests
- Third AW609 prototype starts ground runs
- Era Helicopters to help develop EMS role for AW609
- Top 10 stories on HeliHub.com in 2015
- UAE signs for three AW609s in SAR role
- AgustaWestland AW609 test flight – fatal accident
- 30-Oct-15 N609AG AgustaWestland AW609 Vercelli, Italy (2F)
- Héroux-Devtek to provide AW609 landing gear systems
- AW609 claims 1000km record of 2 hours 18 minutes
- AgustaWestland brings AW609 to UK
- AgustaWestland launches AW609 interior design competition
- Bristow Leads in New TiltRotor Technology