Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters introduces four brand-new tours, making it easier than ever for guests to have an unforgettable “flightseeing” experience of the world-famous Hoover Dam at an exceptional value. With a new heliport located next to the Hoover Dam Lodge Hotel & Casino on U.S. 93, Papillon now flies guests closer to the dam than any other tour operator and offer breathtaking views of not only the dam, but also Lake Mead and the rugged, volcanic terrain of Black Canyon.
“The addition of our seventh helicopter base along with four new tour offerings, falls in line with our long-term plan for growth,” says Geoff Edlund, president, Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters. “We are constantly seeking new ways to appeal to our local, domestic and international visitors. With this launch we offer our guests flight options that are both affordable enough to do on a whim and compelling enough to plan in advance. A spectacular experience at an incredible value.”
Built to tame the once-wild running Colorado River, Hoover Dam continues to be an international attraction drawing more than 1 million visitors each year. From the Black Canyon side of the dam, the massive concrete structure rises 726 feet (221 meters) from the river below. Hoover Dam is an inspiring sight to see from the air and from the Colorado River.
Lake View Heli Tour
Covering five miles in the air, this flight is ideal for those looking for their first helicopter experience at an affordable price. The Lake View Heli Tour showcases Lake Mead, one of the largest man-made lakes in the world. Price begins at $39 per person. Approximate flight duration: 3 minutes.
Hoover Dam Heli Tour
This tour captures once-in-a-lifetime aerial views of historic Hoover Dam, Lake Mead and the mighty Colorado River as guests fly 1000’ feet over the Mike O’Callaghan – Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge. Price begins at $69 per person. Approximate flight duration: 6 minutes.
Hoover Dam Heli and Raft Tour
Combine your breathtaking helicopter experience with a serene float down the Colorado River. Guests begin with our most popular Hoover Dam Heli Tour and upon landing back at the heliport, board a shuttle headed to the base of Hoover Dam. From there, guests embark on a scenic smooth-water rafting tour down the Colorado River, with yet another extraordinary perspective of this engineering marvel. Price begins at $99 per person. Approximate tour duration: 1.5 to 2 hours.
Black Canyon Heli Tour
Our all-encompassing Black Canyon Heli Tour covers over 20 miles in the air with awe-inspiring views of Lake Mead, historic Hoover Dam, the mighty Colorado River and the rugged, volcanic terrain of Black Canyon, southern Nevada’s best kept secret. Price begins at $119 per person. Approximate flight duration: 10 minutes
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- Simrik Air adds new H125 ‘9N-AKD’ chopper to its fleet
- 29-Sep-18 N849NA Airbus AS350B2 Alto, US-New Mexico
- 28-Sep-18 N907PL Airbus AS350B3 Lituya Bay, US-Alaska (3F)
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- EuroTec Installs First North American Maximum Pilot View Kit
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- EASA Certified AS350 Retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Lee County acquires six Airbus H125s
- Heli-Alps Purchases new Bell 505
- BLR Aerospace Announces First H125 FastFin System Factory Installation
- Boost Systems Dual Hook Systems and Personnel Carrying Devise approved for B407 and AS350/355
- Lawsuit filed over 2016 AS350 accident in Antarctica
- 01-Jan-18 ZS-??? Airbus AS350B3 Cathedral Peak, South Africa
- FAA certified retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank for AS350 and EC130
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350