Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters introduces four brand-new tours, making it easier than ever for guests to have an unforgettable “flightseeing” experience of the world-famous Hoover Dam at an exceptional value. With a new heliport located next to the Hoover Dam Lodge Hotel & Casino on U.S. 93, Papillon now flies guests closer to the dam than any other tour operator and offer breathtaking views of not only the dam, but also Lake Mead and the rugged, volcanic terrain of Black Canyon.
“The addition of our seventh helicopter base along with four new tour offerings, falls in line with our long-term plan for growth,” says Geoff Edlund, president, Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters. “We are constantly seeking new ways to appeal to our local, domestic and international visitors. With this launch we offer our guests flight options that are both affordable enough to do on a whim and compelling enough to plan in advance. A spectacular experience at an incredible value.”
Built to tame the once-wild running Colorado River, Hoover Dam continues to be an international attraction drawing more than 1 million visitors each year. From the Black Canyon side of the dam, the massive concrete structure rises 726 feet (221 meters) from the river below. Hoover Dam is an inspiring sight to see from the air and from the Colorado River.
Lake View Heli Tour
Covering five miles in the air, this flight is ideal for those looking for their first helicopter experience at an affordable price. The Lake View Heli Tour showcases Lake Mead, one of the largest man-made lakes in the world. Price begins at $39 per person. Approximate flight duration: 3 minutes.
Hoover Dam Heli Tour
This tour captures once-in-a-lifetime aerial views of historic Hoover Dam, Lake Mead and the mighty Colorado River as guests fly 1000’ feet over the Mike O’Callaghan – Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge. Price begins at $69 per person. Approximate flight duration: 6 minutes.
Hoover Dam Heli and Raft Tour
Combine your breathtaking helicopter experience with a serene float down the Colorado River. Guests begin with our most popular Hoover Dam Heli Tour and upon landing back at the heliport, board a shuttle headed to the base of Hoover Dam. From there, guests embark on a scenic smooth-water rafting tour down the Colorado River, with yet another extraordinary perspective of this engineering marvel. Price begins at $99 per person. Approximate tour duration: 1.5 to 2 hours.
Black Canyon Heli Tour
Our all-encompassing Black Canyon Heli Tour covers over 20 miles in the air with awe-inspiring views of Lake Mead, historic Hoover Dam, the mighty Colorado River and the rugged, volcanic terrain of Black Canyon, southern Nevada’s best kept secret. Price begins at $119 per person. Approximate flight duration: 10 minutes
- 30-Jan-21 ZS-RWZ Airbus AS350B3 Grand Central, South Africa
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- 02-Jan-21 ZS-OXK Airbus AS350B3 Cape Town, South Africa
- 30-Dec-20 I-LGLG Airbus H125 San Martino, Italy
- 26-Dec-20 (tba) Airbus H125 Minimarg, Pakistan (4F)
- 23-Dec-20 RA-07328 Airbus H125 Novopodkletnoe, Russia
- 19-Dec-20 N574AM Airbus AS350B3 Driggs, US-Idaho
- True Blue Power announce VFS receive TCCA approval
- 04-Dec-20 JA504D Airbus AS350 Higashi Matsuyama, Japan
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- 02-Dec-20 OF-??? Airbus AS350 Mombo, Botswana
- Thales and StandardAero mark first flight of 4-axis autopilot for Airbus AS350 and H125
- 29-Nov-20 9N-AJJ Airbus AS350B2 Nuwakot, Nepal
- Genesys Aerosystems’ EFIS Now Certified on Airbus AS350/355
- 20-Nov-20 LV-FQN Airbus AS350B3 Coronel Moldes, Argentina (2F)
- 16-Nov-20 LN-OAX Airbus AS350B3 Lysefjorden, Norway
- 08-Nov-20 TG-GEA Airbus AS350B3 Alta Verapaz, Guatemala
- 26-Oct-20 N530H Airbus AS350B3 Arenas Valley, NM
- Entrol launches the H05 / H125 FNPT II simulator
- Astronics Enhanced Vision Systems Receives Approval for AS350s