Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters introduces four brand-new tours, making it easier than ever for guests to have an unforgettable “flightseeing” experience of the world-famous Hoover Dam at an exceptional value. With a new heliport located next to the Hoover Dam Lodge Hotel & Casino on U.S. 93, Papillon now flies guests closer to the dam than any other tour operator and offer breathtaking views of not only the dam, but also Lake Mead and the rugged, volcanic terrain of Black Canyon.
“The addition of our seventh helicopter base along with four new tour offerings, falls in line with our long-term plan for growth,” says Geoff Edlund, president, Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters. “We are constantly seeking new ways to appeal to our local, domestic and international visitors. With this launch we offer our guests flight options that are both affordable enough to do on a whim and compelling enough to plan in advance. A spectacular experience at an incredible value.”
Built to tame the once-wild running Colorado River, Hoover Dam continues to be an international attraction drawing more than 1 million visitors each year. From the Black Canyon side of the dam, the massive concrete structure rises 726 feet (221 meters) from the river below. Hoover Dam is an inspiring sight to see from the air and from the Colorado River.
Lake View Heli Tour
Covering five miles in the air, this flight is ideal for those looking for their first helicopter experience at an affordable price. The Lake View Heli Tour showcases Lake Mead, one of the largest man-made lakes in the world. Price begins at $39 per person. Approximate flight duration: 3 minutes.
Hoover Dam Heli Tour
This tour captures once-in-a-lifetime aerial views of historic Hoover Dam, Lake Mead and the mighty Colorado River as guests fly 1000’ feet over the Mike O’Callaghan – Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge. Price begins at $69 per person. Approximate flight duration: 6 minutes.
Hoover Dam Heli and Raft Tour
Combine your breathtaking helicopter experience with a serene float down the Colorado River. Guests begin with our most popular Hoover Dam Heli Tour and upon landing back at the heliport, board a shuttle headed to the base of Hoover Dam. From there, guests embark on a scenic smooth-water rafting tour down the Colorado River, with yet another extraordinary perspective of this engineering marvel. Price begins at $99 per person. Approximate tour duration: 1.5 to 2 hours.
Black Canyon Heli Tour
Our all-encompassing Black Canyon Heli Tour covers over 20 miles in the air with awe-inspiring views of Lake Mead, historic Hoover Dam, the mighty Colorado River and the rugged, volcanic terrain of Black Canyon, southern Nevada’s best kept secret. Price begins at $119 per person. Approximate flight duration: 10 minutes
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Four new Airbus H125s for Norwegian operators in one week
- 12-Apr-20 N160CC Airbus H125 Tampa, US-Florida
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU