A delegation headed by the Indian Ambassador to the Russian Federation Pankaj Saran visited Rostvertol, a part of Russian Helicopters Group. The factory’s production facilities and the line of helicopters manufactured by the company were presented in the course of the visit.
Pankaj Saran, accompanied by Rostvertol’s directors, visited the factory’s main shop, where he was shown the procedure for assembling Mi-35М, Mi-28NE, and Mi-26Т helicopters and saw how parts were machined using state-of-the-art equipment.
The delegation inspected the commercial helicopters produced at the plant. This includes the dual control Mi-28NE attack helicopter, the multirole Mi-35M attack helicopter, and the Mi-26Т2 helicopter, the best in the world in terms of load capacity. A special aerobatic performance of the Mi-28NE was put on for the guests, after which India’s Air Attaché Air Commodore Dhananjai Vishnu Wani, executives from Russian Helicopters and Rostvertol discussed the opportunities and prospects for bilateral cooperation.
“India is a key strategic partner for Russian Helicopters Group and a major operator of Russian-made helicopters. Russian Helicopters is planning to sign a contract with the Indian Ministry of Defense before the end of 2016 to overhaul three Mi-26 helicopters. The repairs performed by the holding will be high-quality and completed on time,” said Igor Chechikov, Russian Helicopters’ Deputy CEO for Aftersales.
The Ambassador expressed his gratitude for the warm reception and was keen to state how impressed he was with the plant’s technical equipment in general and the high-tech equipment in the machine-assembling factory in particular. The guest also highly praised the flight demonstration of the Mi-28NE helicopter and its unequaled maneuverability.
In late July this year, the Indian Ministry of Defense and Rosoboronexport signed a contract for the repair and upgrade of ten Indian Navy Ka-28 anti-submarine helicopters. The repairs will be carried out at Kumertau Aviation Production Enterprise.
- “Before your flight” example of Airbus proactive support of global safety initiatives
- US Allied Forces Kick-off EOD Exercise HYDRACRAB
- HAI Applauds Utah Rotor Pathway Program Rollout
- Russia in the lead at the 3rd stage of the Helicopter World Cup
- Airbus delivers H145 to New Zealand EMS
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit