A delegation headed by the Indian Ambassador to the Russian Federation Pankaj Saran visited Rostvertol, a part of Russian Helicopters Group. The factory’s production facilities and the line of helicopters manufactured by the company were presented in the course of the visit.
Pankaj Saran, accompanied by Rostvertol’s directors, visited the factory’s main shop, where he was shown the procedure for assembling Mi-35М, Mi-28NE, and Mi-26Т helicopters and saw how parts were machined using state-of-the-art equipment.
The delegation inspected the commercial helicopters produced at the plant. This includes the dual control Mi-28NE attack helicopter, the multirole Mi-35M attack helicopter, and the Mi-26Т2 helicopter, the best in the world in terms of load capacity. A special aerobatic performance of the Mi-28NE was put on for the guests, after which India’s Air Attaché Air Commodore Dhananjai Vishnu Wani, executives from Russian Helicopters and Rostvertol discussed the opportunities and prospects for bilateral cooperation.
“India is a key strategic partner for Russian Helicopters Group and a major operator of Russian-made helicopters. Russian Helicopters is planning to sign a contract with the Indian Ministry of Defense before the end of 2016 to overhaul three Mi-26 helicopters. The repairs performed by the holding will be high-quality and completed on time,” said Igor Chechikov, Russian Helicopters’ Deputy CEO for Aftersales.
The Ambassador expressed his gratitude for the warm reception and was keen to state how impressed he was with the plant’s technical equipment in general and the high-tech equipment in the machine-assembling factory in particular. The guest also highly praised the flight demonstration of the Mi-28NE helicopter and its unequaled maneuverability.
In late July this year, the Indian Ministry of Defense and Rosoboronexport signed a contract for the repair and upgrade of ten Indian Navy Ka-28 anti-submarine helicopters. The repairs will be carried out at Kumertau Aviation Production Enterprise.
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers
- Universal Helicopters closes its doors after almost 60 years of operations
- Gama Aviation starts Scottish EMS operations after taking contract back from Babcock
- Heli Hero names added to new helicopter
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM