The US Dept of Homeland Security has sold their two AgustaWestland AW139s, as confirmed in recent days by an updated entry on the FAA register.
The purchaser is listed as Guardian Helicopters of Calgary in the Canadian province of Alberta. The operator’s website says that Guardian Helicopters was formed in 1995 in Fort Nelson B.C. Operations were expanded and the head office was relocated to Calgary, Alberta. Guardian Helicopters operates throughout North America and Internationally. Guardian Helicopters has grown from a single Bell 206 JetRanger to a diversified fleet consisting of Bell, Eurocopter and McDonnell Douglas (MD) helicopters.
The pair were originally acquired in August 2007 by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Office of Air and Marine, and operated from Homestead Air Reserve Base. The AW139s were at that time equipped with Multipayload Electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) Sensor, Laser Designator combined with EO/IR, multimode weather radar and communication systems.
It is not known at this time what Guardian’s intentions are with these two aircraft, or the equipment level of each at the point of sale
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Leonardo presents AW139 enhanced capabilities
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Penzance Helicopters flights to restart 4th July, plus AW139 update
- FAA approves Coptersafety AW139 simulator
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- LCI Helicopters launches $100 Million co-investment vehicle
- RBI Hawker completes industry first with AW139 main rotor blade repair
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- Caverton signs for AW139 simulator from Thales
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Honeywell and Leonardo upgrade AW139 with Synthetic Vision Navigation
- Omni Táxi Aéreo picks Skytrac for Real-Time HUMS and Satellite Push-to-Talk solutions
- Leonardo announces the purchase of an AW139 Level D FF)S by Suzuyo & Co of Japan.
- Milestone Announces Leases of 7 Helicopters with Héli-Union
- Heli-One Approved to Develop AW139 IGB TGB Capability
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Leonardo Philadelphia delivers 300th AW139