The Frasca Bell 407 Level 7 flight training device at the Helicopter Flight Training Center (HFTC) is now FAA-certified as a B407GX with NVG capabilities. The new certification allows the training center to take the cockpit from analog to glass, a change that will occur about once a month for students flying Bell 407GX aircraft.
The cockpit allows for inadvertent IMC training with eight projector screens providing outstanding visuals, including low, medium and high illumination NVG training.
“We are looking forward to training pilots flying both the B407 and B407GX in our flight training device,” said HFTC Director Terry Palmer. “It takes just four hours to go from an analog cockpit to a glass cockpit, and we will schedule training so that we can accommodate operators using either airframe.”
The flight training device is available to operators for dry lease, which allows operators to use their own instructors and training curriculum. Programs that do not have an instructor can request a referral from the HFTC or take advantage of its “train the trainer” program.
- SEI Industries demos the BAMBI MAX with Eagle Copters
- North Carolina State Highway Patrol unveils new Bell 407s
- Bell first manufacturer to certify HUMS in light single-engine
- Aeronautical Accessories to distribute GPMS HUMS for B407
- 31-Jan-19 N407P Bell 407 Church Hill, US-Tennessee
- 29-Jan-19 N191SF Bell 407 Zaleski, US-Ohio (3F)
- New Bell 407 for Apollo MedFlight
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System Approved for Bell 407
- AeroBrigham to Exhibit Marion County 407 at APSCON
- United Rotorcraft receives China CAAC Validation for Bell 407
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- Bell awarded $22M contract for Seven extra Bell 407 airframes
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Bell to Widen Malaysian Market
- Trakka annonces FAA approval for Bell series
- Boost Systems Dual Hook Systems and Personnel Carrying Devise approved for B407 and AS350/355
- Montana – ALERT program raising money for new helicopter
- 05-Nov-17 N522RL Bell 407 Rig MP281, US-Gulf of Mexico
- Bell promotes 407 in African market
- SAFE Structure designs maintenance stands for Halo Flight