The new 7-ton class helicopter has now arrived in Mexico, where it has joined the fleet of Transportes Aéreos Pegaso, a company specialized in air transport services for the energy industry in the Gulf of Mexico. This makes Transportes Aéreos Pegaso the first company to operate this new helicopter on the American continent. A second H175 will be delivered in 2017. The new aircraft will not only be providing transport services for the Oil industry but also supporting seismic exploration activities in the Mexican waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
“We have many years of experience with Airbus Helicopters and we are very proud to be among the first to operate this new helicopter, which has become the industry’s benchmark medium-sized twin-engine rotorcraft,” stated Pegaso CEO Enrique Zepeda Navarro. “We are proud to offer our customers a safe, comfortable and quiet helicopter that is also highly cost-effective and easy to maintain.”
Transportes Aéreos Pegaso has a fleet of more than 30 Airbus Helicopters rotorcraft, mainly H145s and H135s but also H130s and H155s. A few months ago Pegaso has signed a framework agreement for 10 H145s and will be among the first Latin American customers to operate this most advanced light twin.
“This delivery reaffirms the relationship of trust that Airbus Helicopters and Transportes Aéreos Pegaso have built up over more than three decades” said Francisco Navarro, General Manager of the Airbus Helicopters in México. “Our customers are a vital part of what we do at Airbus Helicopters; this is why the delivery we are now celebrating comes with our commitment to provide Transportes Aéreos Pegaso with a service that meets all the quality and safety standards that characterize our company,” said Francisco Navarro, General Manager of the Airbus Helicopters in México.
The H175 destined for Transportes Aéreos Pegaso is equipped with the most advanced version of the Helionix® avionics suite – which includes a 4-axis autopilot designed to ease crew workload while offering high safety levels. New avionics features include the auto-hover function and LPV function (Localizer Performance with Vertical guidance), which is the most precise GPS-enabled instrument approach procedure currently available, to provide pilots with state-of-the-art piloting and navigation aids.
The H175 delivers on all counts with its long range, smooth ride, excellent payload lift and outstanding cabin comfort. Since its entry into service in December 2014, the H175 has been flying in support of the oil & gas industry in the North Sea – one of the world harshest operational environments- and in Western Africa.
As of today, more than 100 AH175 orders have been placed by customers from all over the world The first VIP version was delivered very recently, while the public services version – for missions including SAR, EMS and law enforcement, will reach the market in late 2017
- NHV extends North Sea contract with Ithaca Energy
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- NHV H175 fleet exceeds 30000 flight hours
- Babcock Australasia reports successful first year of H175 operations
- Airbus receives EASA Certification for Rig’N Fly for the H175
- NHV H175 fleet reaches 8,500 flights in 3 years
- Airbus and NHV celebrate three years flying H175s
- EASA certification for the Rig’N Fly
- Royal Thai Police becomes first H175 operator in Asia Pacific
- Milestone and Babcock celebrate lease fleet of 50
- CHC commences H175 revenue operations
- CHC signs HCare contract with Airbus for H175
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- Milestone helps CHC launch SuperMedium program
- CHC takes delivery of first H175 aircraft
- CHC to add AW189 and H175 to fleet
- Waypoint Leasing to Bolster Fleet with 16 New Airbus Helicopters
- EASA raises H175 gross weight to 7.8 tonnes
- Milestone places €200 million firm order with Airbus Helicopters for H135, H145 and H175