Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC) announced that MyP&WC Power, the company’s new online customer service portal, featuring an easy-to-use shopping cart and advanced transactional and search capabilities, now has more than 14,000 users and will complete its progressive rollout to all customers in a matter of weeks. P&WC is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
The MyP&WC Power portal offers customers rapid access to the P&WC products, services and information that are most relevant to them. Optimized for both mobile and desktop devices and featuring a customizable dashboard, the portal enables numerous time-saving transactions that can now be done online on a desktop PC, tablet or smartphone. These range from purchasing parts and making engine rental requests, to online invoice payments, managing entitlements for Eagle Service Plan™ (ESP®) contracts, registering warranties and more.
“Every aspect of our new service portal is designed for customer convenience and making it easier to connect and access a wide range of information and services – whether they are purchasing parts or technical publications, renting engines or checking the latest bulletin,” said Satheeshkumar Kumarasingam, Vice President, Commercial Services, P&WC. “It is one of the many technology investments we are making to deliver bottom-line value to customers to help save them time and money.”
P&WC had been gradually onboarding existing portal customers to MyP&WC Power in order to ensure comprehensive support during the transition, with customers notified when their account on the new portal is active. Visit us at LABACE 2016, booth 1008.
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software