Metro Aviation welcomes West Michigan Air Care (WMAC) to the Metro family with the delivery of an EC145e and assumption of operations of the Kalamazoo-based air medical program beginning September 1.
“West Michigan Air Care has provided quality service since 1993, and we are happy to help them continue their legacy,” said Metro President Mike Stanberry. “They were among the first 25 programs in the nation to receive the CAMTS (Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Services) certification, and we believe WMAC and Metro share a commitment to excellence that will be the foundation for a lasting partnership.”
Until now, WMAC has operated under their own Part 135 certificate, but contracted with Metro to allow staff to solely focus on the excellent level of care they’re known for, while also reducing overhead operating costs. “Metro Aviation has an excellent track record of providing safe, high quality air transport services and will be an excellent partner for Air Care as we continue the important work of stabilizing and transporting critically ill and injured adults, children and infants from our region,” said Charles Zeller, M.D., WMAC Board Chair.
WMAC currently flies a Dauphin, but will utilize the EC145e until making the final decision for their permanent aircraft configuration. WMAC is a cooperative program sponsored by Borgess Medical Center and Bronson Methodist Hospital. Specializing in inter-hospital transfers, specialty team transports and scene calls, WMAC operates within a 75-mile radius and 200-mile secondary radius of its Kalamazoo base.
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 22-Feb-19 F-HSOX Airbus EC145 Bidarray, France
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Metro Delivers New Aircraft to University of Chicago
- Mercyhealth REACT Has New Helicopter in Service
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment
- ATP improves torquing method for Airbus EC145
- Duke Life Flight EC145 crash leads to lawsuit against Safran and pilot
- Anti-corruption questions over Airbus EC145 sale to Kazakhstan
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- The French Gendarmerie Nationale Orders an Additional EC145
- Iraq Ministry of Oil receives four EC145s
- The Helicopter Flight Training Center goes international
- New Location is LifeFlight’s First in Northwest Pennsylvania
- NZ CAA approves Metro Aviation EC145 simulator
- 22-May-17 AN-136 Eurocopter EC145 Punta Chame, Panama
- 19-May-17 N197LL Airbus EC145 Terre Haute, US-Indiana