The FAA Rotorcraft Directorate will host its second International Rotorcraft Safety Conference, building on the success of last year’s conference. The conference’s goal is to reduce the national helicopter accident rate.
The free event will be held October 25-27 at the Hurst Conference Center near Ft. Worth, Texas. The target audience is rotorcraft pilots, mechanics, small company owners, industry executives, operators, and government regulators from the U.S. and abroad.
The conference will feature presentations from major industry and FAA leaders. Topics include improving decisions, creating a culture of safety, performing autorotations, choosing the best protection equipment, basic helicopter safety and maintenance, how flight training schools promote safety, and a presentation by a pilot who safely landed his helicopter after the engine failed.
The FAA Civil Aerospace Medical Institute will bring its Helicopter Spatial Disorientation Demonstration exhibit that allows participants to experience various – including dangerous – flight scenarios.
Conference attendees can receive Inspection Authorization, WINGS Pilot Proficiency Program and Aviation Maintenance Technician credits.
- COVID19 – HAC cancels annual convention scheduled for November 2020
- European Rotors event will host an industry hackathon
- Indian Air Force upgrades Mi-17s with Night Vision Goggles
- Airbus helps Hungarian Air Ambulance become a digital organisation
- EASA publishes proposed eVTOL certification methods
- Triumph to supply mechanical controls for US TH-73 trainers
- Compass and ALG ship EC135 from UK to US for Air Methods
- COVID-19 – Airbus Helicopters offers solutions to air ambulance operators in the fight against COVID-19
- COVID-19 – How Airbus is helping frontline operators in the fight against COVID-19
- Helitrans accepts two Airbus H125s under e-delivery process
- Gama Aviation and Atkins retain UK military airworthiness contract
- NTSB calls for mandatory Flight Data Recorders in all turbine helicopters
- Era Group Announces Board Approval of Reverse Stock Split
- Bristow Group Announces Stock Repurchases
- Cornwall Air Ambulance suffers £1.5M income shortfall
- NBAA Requests Extension for GA Pilot Medicals
- Police Aviation News – June 2020 Edition
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers