Russian Helicopters, part of State Corporation Rostec, created a prototype of the new rotorcraft at Kazan Helicopters as part of the Police Helicopter program. The machine features extra equipment and is designed to meet the needs of the Russian law enforcement agencies.
The police version of Ansat is equipped with platforms for transporting special forces in groups of 4 to 6 people, as well as with a farm for landing with downhill devices, which can be reset in case of emergency. This equipment can be easily removed and if necessary the helicopter can be converted from the police into a medevac unit.
Also, the helicopter has the optoelectronic SON-730 system, which provides non-stop viewing, detection and identification of subjects and objects, as well as stabilized TV and IR images and their transfer to the on-board avionics. The system allows to measure distance to the target, its grip and auto tracking, as well as to transmit data in real time to a ground command center display with a range of up to 5 km.
In addition, the police versions of Ansat is equipped with a controllable SX-5 searchlight, which provides illumination of targets at night and an external TS-200WP loudspeaker device for supplying voice commands and alerting the public. The Ministry of the Interior of Russia, the Ministry of Emergency Situations, fire services and operators of pipelines are showing interest in this configuration of the helicopter.
Ansat is a light twin-engine multirole helicopter designed for 7-9 people. It was developed by a design bureau at Kazan Helicopters. A major approval for Ansats with hydromechanical control system was received in December 2014 when this type of rotorcraft was allowed to transport passengers. In May 2015, the air ambulance mode of Ansat was approved. In December 2015, a VIP version of the rotorcraft was certified. In June 2016, the helicopter’s take-off weight was increased up to 3,600 kg.
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International
- Airinmar selected by Air Methods for warranty and value engineering services
- Former HAI chairman Wisecup passes away
- AAMS issue statement on HHS report on surprise medical billing
- Wilson Construction upgrades MD500E to MD530F standard
- Transport Canada Approve HTC metal blades for Bell 204, 205 and UH-1
- Nigerian union pickets Bristow Helicopters
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Mi-8AMT to Vityaz-Aero
- EHang 216 Obtained Special Flight Operations Certificate from TCCA
- 04-Aug-20 RA-06353 Robinson R66 Mount Belukha, Russia
- 04-Aug-20 D-HIPO Bell 47G4A Lübstorf, Germany
- Babcock wins major new contracts with Total E&P UK
- Triumph to provide helicopter MRO services to Global Aerospace Logistics
- MedEvac Foundation Invites Participants to Virtual Event
- SPAES H145 night vision approvals updated for new tactical radios
- Police Aviation News – August 2020 Edition