Russian Helicopters, part of State Corporation Rostec, created a prototype of the new rotorcraft at Kazan Helicopters as part of the Police Helicopter program. The machine features extra equipment and is designed to meet the needs of the Russian law enforcement agencies.
The police version of Ansat is equipped with platforms for transporting special forces in groups of 4 to 6 people, as well as with a farm for landing with downhill devices, which can be reset in case of emergency. This equipment can be easily removed and if necessary the helicopter can be converted from the police into a medevac unit.
Also, the helicopter has the optoelectronic SON-730 system, which provides non-stop viewing, detection and identification of subjects and objects, as well as stabilized TV and IR images and their transfer to the on-board avionics. The system allows to measure distance to the target, its grip and auto tracking, as well as to transmit data in real time to a ground command center display with a range of up to 5 km.
In addition, the police versions of Ansat is equipped with a controllable SX-5 searchlight, which provides illumination of targets at night and an external TS-200WP loudspeaker device for supplying voice commands and alerting the public. The Ministry of the Interior of Russia, the Ministry of Emergency Situations, fire services and operators of pipelines are showing interest in this configuration of the helicopter.
Ansat is a light twin-engine multirole helicopter designed for 7-9 people. It was developed by a design bureau at Kazan Helicopters. A major approval for Ansats with hydromechanical control system was received in December 2014 when this type of rotorcraft was allowed to transport passengers. In May 2015, the air ambulance mode of Ansat was approved. In December 2015, a VIP version of the rotorcraft was certified. In June 2016, the helicopter’s take-off weight was increased up to 3,600 kg.
- Pulselite installed across Bell Training Academy fleet
- JetNet for Salesforce to be demonstrated at NBAA conference
- Spidertracks announce Blue Hawaiian Helicopters as official launch customer of Spider X
- Blade makes Nino Negri Wine an Official 2020 Partner
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s