Jiangsu Tianyu Aviation Technology Co., Ltd. and the 60th Research Institute of the General Staff Department of the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (60th Research Institute) held a signing ceremony for cooperation on an unmanned helicopter project recently. A 200,000 square meter facility in Changzhou National Hi-Tech District (Xinbei District) has been selected as the location for the 1 billion yuan (approx. US$150 million) project, which will focus on the research and development, production and sales of several products including large- and medium-sized unmanned helicopters and related components, mid- and high-level fixed wings, specialty stealth materials, agricultural machinery, UAV systems, platform mission payload and highly precise information acquisition processing systems.
The unmanned helicopter project is a key research and development project of the 60th Research Institute, and an important cooperative project for Jiangsu Tianyu. The performance results for the unmanned helicopters developed by the 60th Research Institute, a research organization recognized for its superior R&D capabilities, excelled in terms of model, range, load capacity and market applications when compared to similar UAV vehicles developed by other institutes and producers.
The Changzhou government has named the aviation industry as one of the 10 key industry chains in the region, and a number of leading companies in the sector have chosen Changzhou National Hi-Tech District as the location for their operations, including Beijing General Aviation, China Aviation Supplies Holding Company, New United Group, and Aero At.
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center