Jiangsu Tianyu Aviation Technology Co., Ltd. and the 60th Research Institute of the General Staff Department of the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (60th Research Institute) held a signing ceremony for cooperation on an unmanned helicopter project recently. A 200,000 square meter facility in Changzhou National Hi-Tech District (Xinbei District) has been selected as the location for the 1 billion yuan (approx. US$150 million) project, which will focus on the research and development, production and sales of several products including large- and medium-sized unmanned helicopters and related components, mid- and high-level fixed wings, specialty stealth materials, agricultural machinery, UAV systems, platform mission payload and highly precise information acquisition processing systems.
The unmanned helicopter project is a key research and development project of the 60th Research Institute, and an important cooperative project for Jiangsu Tianyu. The performance results for the unmanned helicopters developed by the 60th Research Institute, a research organization recognized for its superior R&D capabilities, excelled in terms of model, range, load capacity and market applications when compared to similar UAV vehicles developed by other institutes and producers.
The Changzhou government has named the aviation industry as one of the 10 key industry chains in the region, and a number of leading companies in the sector have chosen Changzhou National Hi-Tech District as the location for their operations, including Beijing General Aviation, China Aviation Supplies Holding Company, New United Group, and Aero At.
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- Vertical Flight Society to Highlight eVTOL Revolution at Heli-Expo 2019
- Upgrades to Inverness hospital life-Saving Helipad
- Portugal’s Air Force takes delivery of first two AW119Kx
- USCG starts MH-65E Initial Operational Test And Evaluation
- Honeywell to launch eVTOL hybrid-electric propulsion system at Heli-Expo 2019
- Advanced Turbine Engine Company Files Protest For ITEP
- Nominations Open for the International Aerial Firefighting Awards 2019
- Heligo receives its first H145
- DRF releases 2018 operating statistics
- IBAC Welcomes New IS-BAO Operations Manager
- HAL takes leading role in organising Aero India 2019
- Russian Helicopters identified potential partners in localization of Ka-226T in India
- DRF Luftrettung – “Use of unmanned aerial vehicles in emergency medicine”
- Genesys HeliSAS stability augmentation system now certified for IFR
- Ace Aeronautics sells three UH-60s to Austrian military
- DRF Luftrettung and Lufthansa Aviation Training cooperate
- Russian Helicopters to take part in Aero India 2019
- Canada donates surplus Coast Guard Bo105 to BCIT
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management