Jiangsu Tianyu Aviation Technology Co., Ltd. and the 60th Research Institute of the General Staff Department of the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (60th Research Institute) held a signing ceremony for cooperation on an unmanned helicopter project recently. A 200,000 square meter facility in Changzhou National Hi-Tech District (Xinbei District) has been selected as the location for the 1 billion yuan (approx. US$150 million) project, which will focus on the research and development, production and sales of several products including large- and medium-sized unmanned helicopters and related components, mid- and high-level fixed wings, specialty stealth materials, agricultural machinery, UAV systems, platform mission payload and highly precise information acquisition processing systems.
The unmanned helicopter project is a key research and development project of the 60th Research Institute, and an important cooperative project for Jiangsu Tianyu. The performance results for the unmanned helicopters developed by the 60th Research Institute, a research organization recognized for its superior R&D capabilities, excelled in terms of model, range, load capacity and market applications when compared to similar UAV vehicles developed by other institutes and producers.
The Changzhou government has named the aviation industry as one of the 10 key industry chains in the region, and a number of leading companies in the sector have chosen Changzhou National Hi-Tech District as the location for their operations, including Beijing General Aviation, China Aviation Supplies Holding Company, New United Group, and Aero At.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit