Oceania Aviation’s Part 148 Manufacturing team, Airborne Systems have recently completed an Approved Modification to the OEM Hoist arm allowing the replacement of the obsolete Wadell Hoist with a NEW Breeze Eastern HS20200 600lb system on the BO105 Series model.
The BO105 Hoist Arm Conversion was recently certified by an Australian operator and includes a new flange and adapter to fit the Breeze Eastern system.
The Modification designed by Oceania Aviation’s Airborne Systems can also permit the installation of the Breeze Eastern HS29700 450lb Hoist as an option.
The Stress Load Analysis conducted on the modified arm was extensive, with the Oceania Aviation Certified Mod tested to excess of 1670kgs or 3674lbs.
Airborne Systems’ Chief Inspector, Tony van Tiel commented on the Safety Performance of the system, saying, “When you know that there’s going to be people on the end of our hoist, you want to be sure that there’s absolutely no chance for failure.”
The Oceania Aviation BO105 Hoist Conversion Arm modification installs an adapter system that attaches a standard Breeze Eastern HS20200 600lb hoist system to the existing hoist boom installed on BO105 rotorcraft as per Airbus BO105 SB 80-9. The modification installs mechanical provisions only.
The aircraft electrical system has to be modified to incorporate the Hoist Electrical ontrol Box which can be mounted in the cabin, in the rear lower locker or externally.
- Canada donates surplus Coast Guard Bo105 to BCIT
- Indonesia withdraws Bo105 from UN work after concerns raise
- Onboard Systems BO105 Cargo Hook Kits Certified by FAA
- Happy 50th birthday to the Bo105
- 40th Anniversary for Westpac Lifesaver Helicopter Rescue Service
- Lack of visual clues was key contributor to Canadian Bo105 accident
- Chuck Aaron to retire from airshow circuit
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to upgrade from Bo105 to EC135
- Airbus extends UTair training approvals
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance flies 500th mission
- 28-Jan-15 Eurocopter Bo105 Cortes de la Frontera, Spain (2F)
- 24-Aug-14 HU.15-90 Airbus Bo105CBS-4 Marana, Spain (3F)
- New Brisbane police helicopter unveiled
- Great Western Air Ambulance to upgrade to EC135 in October
- Bo105 helicopter fleet passes 8,000,000 flight hours
- Great Western Air Ambulance targets August for EC135 upgrade
- UK – Trial flight phase for Bristol Royal Infirmary helipad
- Canadian Coast Guard helicopter procurement facing delays
- South Georgia Heritage Trust move Bo105 fleet maintenance to new supplier
- 03-Jan-14 N585TJ Eurocopter Bo105 Pembroke, US-New York