Heli-One, a leading global provider of helicopter maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) services has completed the 2 year / 750 hour inspection for the Korean Coast Guard (KCG)’s Sikorsky S-92A. The KCG, a branch of the Ministry of Public Safety and Security, oversees maritime safety and control off the coast of South Korea. The inspection was performed at the KCG base in Busan, South Korea, by a mobile repair team (MRT). Heli-One was able to leverage its highly experienced internal engineering team and parts inventory inventory to return the aircraft to KCG ahead of schedule.
The KCG has a diverse fleet comprising of Airbus AS565s, Leonardo AW139s, KA-32s, Sikorsky S-92As and a Bell 412. Heli-One has previously provided MRO services for other key Korean public safety agencies on platforms including the S-92A, Bell 412 and Airbus H225.
Heli-One’s expertise on the S-92A platform, which includes more than 100,000 flight hours supported, extensive supply chain, internal engineering resources and MRT capabilities were key to securing and completing the service requirements. By utilizing a MRT, Heli-One was able to limit aircraft downtime whilst maintaining a high level of work and customer service. Additionally, Heli-One’s cost-effective and flexible solutions allowed KCG to receive customized services aligned with their budget and operational requirements.
“It was a difficult mission to complete because of the tight timeline, major component overhaul, especially coupled with the very hot and humid conditions,” said Mr. SJ Jeong, Chief of Maintenance, KCG. “Despite these challenges, the Heli-One team completed the work earlier than the appointed date. They have met and exceeded the procurement requirements and additional special requests as well.”
“We are proud to support the KCG’s critical missions by providing quick and effective maintenance services, ensuring that their fleet achieves maximum operational capability,” said Anthony DiNota, President, Heli-One. “Our experienced mobile repair teams are very well-prepared and welcome the challenges of working at operator bases. We value the high level of service that the KCG provides to the public and our team is honoured to help support their work.”
Heli-One holds an Approved Maintenance Organisation certificate with the Korean Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport for platforms including Airbus, Sikorsky, Leonardo (AgustaWestland), Bell, Safran Helicopter Engines (Turbomeca), Pratt & Whitney and General Electric.
- Babcock swaps aircraft between UK and Australia
- 18-Feb-10 Sikorsky H-92 Kauai, US-Hawaii
- HeliTSA starts S92 maintenance training in Australia, secures own Part 147 approval
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Sikorsky relocates and expands parts stock in Brazil
- Milestone grows S92 fleet to 95 Helicopters
- Canada Certifies Increased Gross Weight for S-92
- Thai Aviation Services begins S-92 helicopter training
- Bristow UK Secures Contract to Support TAQA’s UK Operations
- Sikorsky Advances iFly Sikorsky™
- Sikorsky delivers 300th S92
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- Sonar problem stops Canadian S92 deck landings
- Science Channel to feature S92 in new Mega Machines series
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Sikorsky complete first year of S92 spares centre in Norway
- Thai Aviation Services picks Skytrac for S76D and S92 fleet
- EASA approves Outerlink Flight Data Monitoring system for S92
- JSSI Enrolls Sikorsky S92 onto Tip-to-Tail Program