Riverside location, Turning Basin has been proposed to be the new location for a four-helicopter helipad and terminal. The decision for a new helipad was made after complaints were made that the helipad in North Wharf (whose lease will expire in two years) generates too much noise near residential areas.
This new helipad will be away from residential areas but still located in the CBD, providing opportunities for tourism operators, business as well as for emergency use.
The industry is planning on supplying the infrastructure needed, once they have been given approval, reports The Herald Sun. Three companies have banded together and signed the Fly Neighbourly Agreement, which aims to ease noise for the residents in the flight path.
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama
- Honeywell T55 Engine Powers New Future Vertical Lift Aircraft
- DRF makes successful start at new Bautzen base
- Universal Avionics Receives STC for InSight™ Touchscreen Control
- US State Dept sells little-used S61T fleet
- DRF Luftrettung buys Northern HeliCopter GmbH