Riverside location, Turning Basin has been proposed to be the new location for a four-helicopter helipad and terminal. The decision for a new helipad was made after complaints were made that the helipad in North Wharf (whose lease will expire in two years) generates too much noise near residential areas.
This new helipad will be away from residential areas but still located in the CBD, providing opportunities for tourism operators, business as well as for emergency use.
The industry is planning on supplying the infrastructure needed, once they have been given approval, reports The Herald Sun. Three companies have banded together and signed the Fly Neighbourly Agreement, which aims to ease noise for the residents in the flight path.
- Boeing Awarded $13M Contract for Qatar Armed Forces AH-64E Support
- Leonardo opens a new facility in Pisa
- DART gets TCCA approval for its improved H130 Emergency Flotation System
- HAI President Message – Still going strong after 70 years
- Airbus reports strong Full-Year 2018 results
- Bell 407GXI certified in China
- India looking for 111 Naval Utility Helicopters
- FreeFlight Systems announces Sapphire Elite recognition program
- Contracts signed for air medical evacuation services in Europe and Africa
- Service center ODK-Klimov and UTair-Engineering helped Sanaviatsii
- Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal implements new Kathmandu heli-lanes
- Coptersafety provides update on H125 simulator
- USHST Sees Safety Benefits of Integrating UAS and OPA Technology into Helicopter Operations
- Universal Avionics to present innovative flight deck solutions at Heli-Expo
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2019
- DART’s H135 Crosstubes get approvals
- Heli-Union commences contract in French Guyana with two AS365Ns
- Raytheon Awarded $15M Contract for CV-22 Software Delivery
- Kailash Helicopter plans to add more helicopters
- Hungary buys nine pre-owned Airbus EC135s