Riverside location, Turning Basin has been proposed to be the new location for a four-helicopter helipad and terminal. The decision for a new helipad was made after complaints were made that the helipad in North Wharf (whose lease will expire in two years) generates too much noise near residential areas.
This new helipad will be away from residential areas but still located in the CBD, providing opportunities for tourism operators, business as well as for emergency use.
The industry is planning on supplying the infrastructure needed, once they have been given approval, reports The Herald Sun. Three companies have banded together and signed the Fly Neighbourly Agreement, which aims to ease noise for the residents in the flight path.
- LA Fire Department adds 5th AW139 helicopter
- Schiebel demostrates comint and imaging payloads of S-100 Camcopter®
- CHC Announces New Contract with OMV
- California Army National Guard newest helicopters
- Italian National Fire Corps to enhance its emergency multirole airborne capabilities
- Uttah Pradesh Government launches four new tourist heli flights
- Sri Lankan Air Force carry out first aerial seeding operation
- India approves Donaldson IBFs in AW139 and H130
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Canada holds Sea King retirement event
- Plan to Implement HTAWS Safety Enhancements
- TSB Canada supports new fatigue regulations
- Polish Air Force Adds Robinson R44s To Fleet
- ADAC testing manned multicopters in EMS role
- Aspen Avionics’ Evolution E5 Receives STC
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- Ornge AW139s to receive new stretcher system
- MoCTCA directs CAAN to ban helicopter operations at ABC area
- Bell Boeing Joint Project Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Analysis
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA