Riverside location, Turning Basin has been proposed to be the new location for a four-helicopter helipad and terminal. The decision for a new helipad was made after complaints were made that the helipad in North Wharf (whose lease will expire in two years) generates too much noise near residential areas.
This new helipad will be away from residential areas but still located in the CBD, providing opportunities for tourism operators, business as well as for emergency use.
The industry is planning on supplying the infrastructure needed, once they have been given approval, reports The Herald Sun. Three companies have banded together and signed the Fly Neighbourly Agreement, which aims to ease noise for the residents in the flight path.
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock