Metro Aviation welcomes West Michigan Air Care (WMAC) to the Metro family with the delivery of an EC145e and assumption of operations of the Kalamazoo-based air medical program beginning September 1.
Until now, WMAC has operated under their own Part 135 certificate, but contracted with Metro to allow staff to solely focus on the excellent level of care they’re known for, while also reducing overhead operating costs. “Metro Aviation has an excellent track record of providing safe, high quality air transport services and will be an excellent partner for Air Care as we continue the important work of stabilizing and transporting critically ill and injured adults, children and infants from our region,” said Charles Zeller, M.D., WMAC Board Chair.
WMAC currently flies a Dauphin, but will utilize the EC145e until making the final decision for their permanent aircraft configuration. WMAC is a cooperative program sponsored by Borgess Medical Center and Bronson Methodist Hospital. Specializing in inter-hospital transfers, specialty team transports and scene calls, WMAC operates within a 75-mile radius and 200-mile secondary radius of its Kalamazoo base.
- DRF Christoph Weser to upgrade Bremen air ambulance to EC145
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Air Methods chooses Airbus HCare to support its fleet of 31 EC145 helicopters
- 06-Aug-20 PK-JBX Airbus H145 Batulicin, Indonesia
- DRF “Christoph 42” in Schleswig-Holstein upgrades from EC145 to H145
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Gama Aviation starts Scottish EMS operations after taking contract back from Babcock
- 01-Jun-20 LN-OOU Airbus H145 Skibotn, Norway
- Airbus will only sell you a five-blade H145 now
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Air Methods to supply two EC145s to Houston Healthcare
- UK Military Flying Training System to add four Airbus H145s
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- Christoph 51 has been used more than 25,000 times in 30 years
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU