Russian Helicopters and Cuba’s Tecnoimport signed an agreement on the provision of documentation for the overhaul of Mi-8MT and Mi-8MT-1 helicopters. The work will be performed by Yuri Gagarin Aircraft Repair Plant in Cuba.
“Our contract with Technoimport is the first step for the Cuban side towards an authorization of the repair facility. We believe that all helicopter repairs should be carried out only in accordance with legitimate repair and design documentation. Under the terms of the signed contract, the documentation for repairs will be delivered to the customer in the shortest possible time,” said Russian Helicopters Deputy CEO for Aftersales Service Igor Chechikov
The number of Russian helicopters in Latin America exceeds 400. The most commonly used helicopters in the region are Mi-8/17s – their fleet is about 320 units. In Cuba, there are about 60 helicopters of Soviet and Russian origin, and about 50 of them are Mi-8/17s. Some of them are in need of repairs.
Russian Helicopters is developing a comprehensive aftersales service system for civilian and military rotorcraft in Latin America, which includes helicopter service throughout its life cycle.
- 20-Aug-20 RA-????? Mil Mi-8 Khakassia, Russia
- Volga-Dnepr delivers two Mi-8s for fire-fighting in Malaysia
- Mil Moscow and UTair-Engineering sign agreement for upgrading Mi-8/17
- 09-Feb-19 ET2015 Mil Mi-17V-5 Abyei, South Sudan (3F)
- Ukrainian Air Forces Returns Rare Mi-8 into Service
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019
- Ukraine Tests New Helicopter Missile Oskol
- Russian Defence Ministry Looks towards Arctic Mi-38 Variant
- 27-May-17 Mil Mi-8 Maritime Territory, Russia
- UTair selects Skytrac fleet monitoring for 46 Mi-8s
- Russian Helicopters to unveil Mi-8MTV-5 with advanced features
- Russian Helicopters to demonstrate new Arctic Mi-8
- Bird Aerosystems to demo Airborne Missile Protection System at Farnborough
- Russian Helicopters to repair Czech military Mi-8s
- Serial Production of the MI-171A2 Will Begin in 2017
- Hungary decides against buying 30 Russian helicopters
- Hungary interested in 30 helicopters to replace Mi-8 fleet
- Russian Helicopters helps re-equip overhaul base in Egypt
- 15-Sep-15 Mil Mi-8 Ramit, Tajikistan
- Indian MROs not ready for the wave of Russian helicopters